Is any insurance plan beautiful? Probably not! But short-term health plans do have some advantages. Along with the medical coverage, you can get coverage for:
- The exact number of days you are outside your home country
- No underwriting questions
- A wide selection of deductibles and maximum coverage options
- Apply and renew your policy online
- All policies include medical evacuation and some term life or AD&D
When applying online, you will get your Medical ID Card e-mailed to you almost immediately–sometimes within 30 seconds of submitting your application. And overall the cost of short-term health coverage is low. A person aged 19-29 can purchase $50,000 of coverage with a $250 deductible for as low as $1.00 a day.
Some things to keep in mind:
- International short-term health coverage will not cover pre-existing conditions and maternity
- If you do not have proof that you first received medical care while outside the USA, the insurance company will not reimburse you for follow-up care in the USA
If you want to get an overview of a wide variety of international short-term health plans, please go to https://www.gninsurance.com/travel-insurance-for-groups-traveling-together/.
We work on keeping all information on this site relevant, and free from error.
The information and advice on this website was deemed accurate when it was originally published. GNI cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. For the latest up-to-date information please call us or check brochures and other published materials for latest revision/date.