About the Resource Library
This page contains dozens of short articles that will help you quickly understand international insurance. For example, understanding insurance terminology, purchasing details and managing your insurance coverage are topics that are all covered within these articles. Choose an Article From the Topics Below
List of Articles
- Age and insurance premium
- American PPOs & HMOs - What's the difference?
- Explaining co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance
- HIPAA / portability insurance
- How does an insurance company determine preexisting conditions?
- How medical evacuation works
- Insurance waivers/riders, rate-ups, & capped coverage
- Is credit card travel insurance/assistance adequate for international health and travel safety?
- Managing insurance for pre-existing conditions
- Pre-existing conditions
- The “pre-existing condition” problem?
- Underwriting - What is it?
- Underwriting at the point of application
- Weight, weight charts and health insurance
- What is a “certificate of insurance”
- What is co-insurance?
- What to do when the weight chart says you aren’t tall enough?
- What's a “pre-existing condition”?
- What's a “rider”? What's a “waiver”?
- “Deductible” is not a dirty word