Credit cards do offer travel assistance. You might ask, “Then why do I need to buy travel insurance?” The differences are significant. Here are eight questions to ask about your credit card travel assistance:
- What are the details? Always read the fine print. Remember: The big print giveth and the small print taketh away!
- Who do I contact if I get sick or injured and need coverage? The last thing you want when you are in need of medical care and/or evacuation is a voice message.
- Do I know how much coverage I will need? This is vital since credit card companies are not in the international health insurance business.
- Will I get reimbursed if I have to pay up-front for my medical care? Remember, the overseas medical staff is not going to wait until your credit card company pays.
- Will my credit card company provide me with the best hospitals and doctors for my medical needs, or will I go to the “general” population hospitals that may not be “A” rated?
- Will I pay a deductible on my credit card benefits? We have plans that have no deductibles and some with deductibles. Our evacuation plans have no deductible or co-pays.
- Will my pre-existing medical conditions be covered? Our Excursion and Trip Protector plans cover pre-existing conditions. You can see these plans at www.overseashealthinsurance.com
- Will my credit card coverage bring my mortal remains back to the USA and pay for the red tape and government paperwork? Our international health plans do this without a penny out of your loved-one’s pocket.
We work on keeping all information on this site relevant, and free from error.
The information and advice on this website was deemed accurate when it was originally published. GNI cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. For the latest up-to-date information please call us or check brochures and other published materials for latest revision/date.