In this present day and age, time is of the essence and applying for international health insurance online really helps you save time for other important things in life. Getting quotes and applying for insurance may have been historically slow in the past compared to the current process, and included lots of faxing documents. Ninety percent of the plans offered by Good Neighbor Insurance can now be purchased online. Likewise, about the same percentage of international health insurance plans provide free online quotes. So you can quickly obtain accurate quotes and easily secure international travel health insurance for your trip or for your move abroad!
As your service provider, we definitely want to be sure that you are taken care of. Below are a few things to be aware of when applying online:
- Make sure you are working with a reputable insurance company that allows you to reach them in person. If they decline putting direct phone numbers on their website- Avoid that type of insurance salesperson.
- Do not apply online if you are not sure what you are getting. This is very important. If you have questions about any policy from any website, call us first at 866-636-9100. Study the international travel health insurance plan you are purchasing, especially the benefit page and the exclusion page. If you cannot find an exclusion page on the web site, do not purchase online. You are welcome to ask us as well; we are more than happy to serve you!
- Before you purchase online, check to see if there is a telephone number for an agent somewhere on the site. Write the number down and have it handy if case you run into a problem. Be sure to also record the web site address so you can find it again if necessary. As a general rule, the larger your investment the more careful you want to be when purchasing international health insurance online.
- What are the advantages with an online purchase?
- First, it is often quicker.
- Second, in most cases, you receive an immediate confirmation of coverage for international travel health insurance. Generally, an online purchase for short-term health insurance can speed up delivery of your medical ID cards and policy by around about seven days.
- Third, an important advantage is that you can apply while outside the U.S.A. or whatever country your country of citizenship is, without having to make contact with an insurance specialist or agent. You can purchase a travel policy from a friend’s computer or even in a computer kiosk or library and at any time, including mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets as all our sites are mobile friendly and secure. So applying online and knowing how to apply online for international short-term health insurance gives you much flexibility that hasn’t been available in the past.
Here a Good Neighbor Insurance we have over 100 years of combined overseas experience and have hand-picked the insurance carriers we work with to provide the best, most cost-effective insurance for our clients, families, individuals, and organizations alike.
We work on keeping all information on this site relevant, and free from error.
The information and advice on this website was deemed accurate when it was originally published. GNI cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. For the latest up-to-date information please call us or check brochures and other published materials for latest revision/date.