2015 Benefit Updates
- For under age 70, coverage for sudden and unexpected onset of pre-existing condition to the policy limit selected
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit increased from $500,000 to $1,000,000
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit increased to match medical coverage maximum for $200,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000 maximum
- New Trip Delay benefit added ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
- New Pet Return benefit added (up to $1,000 to return pet home if member hospitalized)
- Lost Checked Luggage benefit increased to $500
- New Bedside Visit benefit added (up to $1,500 for economy ticket to enable family member to visit if member admitted to ICU)
- Eligibility definition expanded for Trip Interruption benefit (includes death of grandchild)
2012 Benefit Updates
- Increased acute onset of pre-existing condition benefit to $50,000 for Atlas Travel and Atlas Group.
- Non-U.S. citizens/residents whose travel excludes the U.S. can purchase up to a 365 day certificate period. All other members are limited to a 364 day certificate period maximum.
- ER treatment for illness – A $200 co-pay will apply (in addition to the deductible) if not admitted to the hospital as an impatient. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Urgent Care Facility Benefit–Deductible is waived and replaced with a $50 co-pay when claim is incurred at an Urgent Care Facility. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Cardiovascular Events limited to $50,000 for ages 55-79 with specified contributing conditions. All others limited to overall policy maximum unless pre-ex or acute onset.
- Increased Return of Minor Children benefit to $50,000 .
- Added Local Burial or Cremation Benefit with $5,000 lifetime limit.
- Non-U.S. Citizens permitted a maximum of 30 days per 3 month period incidental home country coverage for Atlas Travel and Atlas Group members.