The video breaks down how healthcare reform will affect individuals by placing them into one of four insurance categories:
- Those on employer-sponsored (i.e. group) health insurance.
- Those on individual health insurance.
- Those on government-provided health insurance.
- Those un-insured
- Because they just do not want to purchase
- They feel it is still too expensive
- Please note that “open enrollment” will only be from October 1st to December 31st of each year (2013 year is different with October 1st to March 31st 2014 open enrollment). Open enrollment means you can purchase health insurance/change health insurance plans during that time for it to start the next year on January 1st.
Now this is a very “rough draft” with a lot of extra information left out. One area is the private market place will slowly pop up here and there. The private market place has been already here with brokers throughout the country providing the insurance plans for Americans.
But still, a pretty good video to explain the “big picture” of the new health care system. Please watch it below.