The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released a number of new bulletins. One of them explains a solution for many of the customers who chose either the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) Alliance or Select Exclusive Network option through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM).
The bulletin, released February 6, allows individuals to move to a new broader network plan if all of the following conditions are met:
- The individual has paid their first month’s premium
- The change is to another plan offered by the same issuer
- The change is to another plan offered at the same metal level and cost share reduction (CSR) level, if applicable
- The change is made in order to move to a plan with a more inclusive provider network or for other isolated circumstances determined by CMS
- The change is requested within the Initial Open Enrollment Period ending March 31, 2014