Azimuth Meridian International medical insurance benefits are a great investment for expatriates residing outside their country of citizenship. Thus, a Chinese citizen residing in Brazil will be able to apply for this type of international career insurance benefits. Or a U.S. citizen residing outside the U.S. would also be able to apply for this overseas medical insurance plan.
The Azimuth Meridian medical plans may be viewed here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/azimuth-meridian/.
There are three major types of Azimuth long term insurance plans you may invest. Our web page has the brochures for each of these international career health insurance plans.
Information on the Meridian Enhanced:
- Medical coverage – $5,000,000 Maximum Limit
- Deductibles choices – $250; $500; $1,000; $2,500; $5,000; and $10,000 per member per coverage period
- Family deductible – maximum of 3 deductibles per family per coverage period
- Coverage area – Two options: 1. Worldwide including US/Canada; or 2. Worldwide excluding US/Canada
- Coinsurance – 100% for eligible medical expenses outside the U.S. and Canada and within the PPO in US and Canada after the deductible has been met. 90% of the next $5000 of eligible expenses, then 100%.
- Organ Transplants – Up to $2,000,000 for Covered Transplants
- Pre-existing cover – If disclosed on the application and not limited or excluded by rider, covered after 12 months same as any other illness
- Maternity cover – Automatically included with coverage up to $100,000 maternity coverage. There is a 12 month waiting period before full maternity benefits start. There is a separate maternity deductible of $5,000.
- Vision Benefit – $100 per Coverage Period for glasses or contacts
- Emergency evacuation – $110,000 maximum limit for under 65 years young. $55,000 maximum limit for ages 65 onwards
Information on the Meridian Basic:
- Medical coverage – $2,000,000 Maximum Limit
- Deductibles choices – $500; $1,000; $2,500; $5,000; and $10.000 per member per coverage period
- Family deductible – maximum of 2 deductibles per family per coverage period.
- Coverage area – Area 1 worldwide coverage to include the U.S. and Canada | Area 2 worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada
- Coinsurance – 100% for eligible medical expenses outside the U.S. and Canada and within the PPO in US and Canada after the deductible has been met. 80% of the next $5000 of eligible expenses, then 100%.
- Pre-existing condition cover – After 24 months of continuous coverage, $10,000 per year lifetime with a $50,000 maximum limit
- Selecting the maternity rider at the start of the policy exempts the maternity waiting period. Maternity benefits start right away. Maternity coverage is $10,000 per delivery and a $50,000 life time limit.
- Medical Evacuation – Up to $50,000 ($25,000 for ages 65 and older).
Then there is the Meridian Clear which may be viewed at the bottom of this web page, https://www.gninsurance.com/health/azimuth-meridian/.
We also get questions related to terrorist coverage pertaining to our career insurance plans. Here is what our Azimuth underwriters stated:
Question: We also note that the insurance doesn’t cover medical costs that are incurred as a result of terrorism or war? Does that mean that if, for example, we’re traveling and we get caught in a situation like a bombing or something, the insurance won’t cover our costs?
Answer: The way this benefit works is that if the attack or bombing is claimed by a terrorist group, the member will not have coverage. However, if the attack or bombing is from a random act of violence etc. the member is fully covered.
We do have international career insurance plans that cover you if you are an innocent bystander related to a terrorist attack. Please call our agents at 866-636-9100 or email@example.com for more information on this type of benefit.
We at Good Neighbor Insurance are always here to serve our guests, you! Please call one of our trained international medical insurance agents at our toll free number, 866-636-9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may call our Arizona office at 480-633-9500.