GeoBlue Navigator medical insurance provides one of the best international medical coverage for those who serving outside the U.S. Good Neighbor Insurance has provided GeoBlue international medical insurance benefits to our guests, you, since 2002.
Below are some great questions and answers relating to the GeoBue Navigator expatriate medical insurance. Please view the up-to-date information of the GeoBlue Navigator expat medical insurance here on our web page at https://www.gninsurance.com/hth-geoblue-navigator-xplorer-overseas-travelers/#navigator.
- Am I guaranteed to be issued a GeoBlue Navigator expatriate medical insurance policy if I apply?
- No, GeoBlue Navigator expatriate medical insurance is not a guaranteed issue plan. ACA is only applicable for U.S. domestic medical insurance. Each application is medically underwritten. Your application may be 1) accepted, 2) accepted with a rate increase due to your health status, or 3) denied.
- What is the Global Citizens Association?
- Global Citizens Association (GCA) is a non-profit organization that gives its members the opportunity to enhance global learning and lifestyles through safe and healthy world travel. With access to GCA resources such as the Healthy Travel Blog (at www.healthytravelblog.com) and international medical assistance information and services, members are able to pursue extended episodes of international living that increase cross-cultural understanding and promote an abiding respect for the world’s many peoples. Founded in 1994 to serve international students, GCA has grown to encompass world travelers and expatriates in all corners of the globe. As an organization run for the benefit of its members, GCA conducts an annual meeting of its membership in January each year to select Board Members and to review and discuss benefits and membership policy.
- Does this plan meet the Affordable Care Acts requirement for Minimum Essential Coverage?
- This plan does not provide Minimum Essential Coverage and therefore does not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It is filed as a limited duration policy designed specifically for international living. Coverage by the insurer can be 1) accepted, 2) accepted with a rate increase, or 3) denied based on the health history of the applicants(s). A waiting period for pre-existing conditions applies unless you have 12 months of prior creditable coverage. There is no tax penalty for purchasing this policy if you are outside the U.S. for 330 days or more in a calendar year.
- What about accessing participating providers?
- GeoBlue’s Global Health and Safety services help members identify, access and pay for quality healthcare all over the world, including a contracted community of elite providers in 180 countries. Members can access these carefully selected providers and arrange for the bills to be sent directly to GeoBlue. Please note that in the U.S. a member can simply show his/her ID card at time of service and participating providers will only bill the member for any applicable deductible or copayment. Members have access to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Network. Whether overseas or in the U.S., members can choose to use any doctor or hospital. Members are never restricted to a network. Please see the benefit schedules to see how coinsurance may apply.
- Prescriptions (Rx) –
- Your GeoBlue Navigator expatriate medical insurance comes with outpatient prescription drug coverage up to 100% of actual charges up to an annual max of $5,000 (90 day Max – Insurer waives deductible).
Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business for over 20 years! Every one of our international trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you all peace of mind with one of our many international medical insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best overseas medical care while on your travels.
We thank you, our guests, for giving us the privilege of serving you as you fulfil your dreams!
Have an amazing and safe travels!