GMMI Gold and GB Navigator are superb expat medical insurance options for you and your family while you are living outside the U.S. Good Neighbor Insurance provides international medical insurance for those residing outside the U.S. to U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.
The GMMI, https://www.gninsurance.com/gmmi-career-long-term-insurance-plans/, comes in five different options. Here are some of those highlights of this great expatriate medical insurance.
• Five career insurance plan options and additional optional coverage
• Choice of coverage area to reflect your geographical area of need
• Flexible underwriting that fits your needs
• Emergency benefits by accredited on-site clinical staff
• Premium modes to schedule the frequency of payment that meets your needs
• Multiple deductible options to accommodate your financial resources
• Freedom to choose your own health care provider wherever you are in the world
One major difference between Gold Plus and Navigator, https://www.gninsurance.com/hth-geoblue-navigator-xplorer-overseas-travelers/#navigator, is that you have the maternity rider on the Navigator. There is no maternity coverage on the Gold Plus. Here are benefits that you have on Navigator (even without the maternity rider), that you wouldn’t have on Gold Plus (GP):
1. Office visit co-pays (GP – all expenses out of pocket until deductible is met.)
2. Prescription coverage up to $5000/person not subject to deductible or co-insurance (GP – not covered until deductible met.)
3. Unlimited wellness benefits, no waiting period not subject to deductible. (GP-12 month waiting period, limited to $250/adult; $200/child – not subject to deductible or co-insurance.)
4. No exclusions for pre-existing conditions (GP – 24 month waiting period before pre-existing conditions are covered, then covered to a maximum of $5000/year, lifetime maximum of $50,000 – if not excluded during underwriting.)
5. Children automatically accepted if enrolled within 30 days of birth or adoption regardless of maternity coverage. (GP – All family members go through underwriting.)
6. Both plans reduce deductible by 50% for care received outside the U.S. and then cover 100% after that.
7. Should you add any more children to your family, additional premium will not be charged for those children on Navigator. The child premium on Navigator is the same whether you have 3 or 6 or 8 children.
Here are the five GMMI types of career insurance options with GMMI that we at Good Neighbor Insurance recommend to our clients:
• Bronze plan option – Designed to protect against catastrophic events while keeping budget in mind, this plan is ideal for those who simply require coverage for hospitalization and international emergency assistance benefits, such as an emergency medical evacuation.
• Silver plan option – Affordable medical security designed for the more budget-conscious consumer and those planning to receive care in lower cost areas of the world. Silver offers a wide range of scheduled benefits equipped to meet your essential needs.
• Gold plan option – Ideally suited for those who desire full major medical coverage, but for a limited period of time. Gold provides comprehensive benefits for the first three years of coverage. After three years, certain benefits are reduced (see Summary Schedule of Benefits). As a result, Gold is priced more competitively than the Gold Plus option.
• Gold Plus plan option – Comprehensive major medical plan designed for people who need long term coverage. Benefit levels continue beyond year three as long as the plan remains in effect.
• Platinum plan option – Provides the superior benefits package for the most discerning global consumer. Platinum offers a package of enhanced benefits and services. It is designed for the consumer who wants the convenience of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits in one plan.
The main advantage for the Gold Plus is premium. If the above benefit is one that you don’t take advantage of, you may want to change to Gold Plus to have the financial benefit of lower premiums.
Please call one of our licensed agents at Good Neighbor Insurance at 866-636-9100 or locally here in Arizona at 480-633-9500 with any questions. You may also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have an amazing and safe travels as you serve others!