College tuition and fees are up 92% (using 2010 numbers). Is the cost of going to college worth it? Yes it is worth it because highly educated workers earn more and have more job security, even though pay raises have barely kept up with inflation.
UNEMPLOYMENT RATES BY LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
* 5.0%. Bachelor degree and higher
* 8.0%. Some college or associate’s degree
* 10.5%. High-school diploma, no college
* 15.6%. Less than high-school diploma
ANNUAL SALARY EDGE:
* Advance degrees(Master degrees and higher): $69,056
* Bachelor’s degree: $53,300
* Some college or associate degree: $37,752
* High-school diploma, no college: $32,552
* Less than a high-school diploma: $23,608
Doug Gulleson is an avid scuba diver and loves to dive and travel overseas. Check his web site coming mid 2010 at www.douggulleson.com . While traveling overseas he always carries his IPod, a book, credit cards, and for sure his international travel insurance plan for peace of mind. For international student plans for US students and non US citizens studying in the US insurance go to https://www.gninsurance.com/students.asp .