Why Travel Guard, http://onlineglobalhealthinsurance.com/trip-cancellation/, is better than vendor-offered travel insurance such as purchased through the airline, travel agent, and your credit card supplier. There are many reasons why and below is some great information to share with you on why you and I should use Travel Guard for those overseas insurance benefits such as medical, evacuation, trip cancellation, and other overseas travel insurance benefits.
Why get Travel Guard?
- Optional Cancel For Any Reason coverage
- Cancellation due to Work Reasons coverage now included in base plan
- Now includes Cancellation coverage due to involuntary Job Loss
- $500,000 evacuation coverage and $25,000 medical coverage included (may increase medical coverage)
- Children age 17 and under covered at no additional cost! (Must be related to, and traveling with the primary insured
- Comprehensive non-insurance travel services automatically included with plan
- Policy starts 100 miles from your US residence
* You are covered door to door including any before, after, or side trips you may take.
* It has a higher medical maximum than most venders who offer travel insurance.
* Bag Track: Locates lost luggage while you are still on your trip.
* If you go to a hospital that does require payment before treatment, call them and they can make arrangements.
* They offer a Group plan that is discounted for groups of ten or more.
* It is the primary insurance.
* Cuba is excluded.
* In the “Destination Blank,” they want only the primary destination.
* Domestic partners do count as family members.
COVERAGE FOR PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS:
* If purchased within 15 days of your initial trip, payment and pre-existing medical concerns are covered. These also include pre-existing conditions of your family members who are not going with you, but may result in you cancelling your trip.
* Family members include: mother, father, children, grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, steps, foster children, wards, and domestic partners. However, cousins are excluded.
* Travel Guard cancellation coverage because of sickness, death, etc. includes aunts and uncles, but not cousins.
* If your trip is interrupted or cancelled because a family member is dying from a pre-existing condition, you are still covered even if you didn’t purchase the insurance in the 15-day window.
* Regarding pre-existing condition coverage: If you plan a trip and someone dies in your family of a know disease/illness before you leave on your trip, Travel Guard will cover the cancellation cost of your trip up to 75 percent.
* If a bride and groom cancel their wedding, they can only use trip cancellation if they purchased “for any reason” on to their coverage.
* Insurance must be purchased before a tropical storm is upgraded to a hurricane in order to use the trip cancellation benefit.
* You are covered for financial default.
* The advantage to buying Travel Guard insurance rather than just settling for insurance sold by the airline, travel, and credit card suppliers is you will find you have very limited medical coverage for international emergency and evacuation.
* If a cruise line offers cancellation coverage, they usually do not refund your cash–it is usually a voucher, and it is non-transferable. Travel Guard refunds your cash.
* One of the biggest evacuation costs that Travel Guard handled and paid for was from a cruise ship in the South Pacific that cost them over $250,000.
Doug Gulleson totally adores scuba diving and travels overseas throughout the year with his underwater camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. He knows through experience never to leave home without his travel insurance and credit card too. Visit Good Neighbor Insurance at www.gninsurance.com/tripcancellation for international travel insurance coverage.