The Atlas International travel insurance plan has many good travel insurance benefits. One of them is the incidental home country benefit. Good Neighbor Insurance has been providing the Atlas travel insurance plan since 1999. It is a very good HCC short term travel policy which also includes sports coverage automatically.
Here is a Q/A on some of the information for incidental home country coverage.
Question: Does the Atlas International policy have incidental home country coverage in the U.S. for U.S. Citizens/U.S. residents?
Answer: Yes, it does. Here is some additional information:
- Deductible and coinsurance in the U.S.
* Yes, you will need to meet your deductible before Atlas’ coverage begins. .
* There is a coinsurance you will have to meet. It is shown on the brochure (click on link above) button and please go to the Home Country Coverage area. You will have a coinsurance of $1000.
* Thus you have a total expense of $1500, worse case situation.
- Medical coverage while in the U.S.
* Atlas’ coverage in the U.S. does not cover pre-existing medical conditions.
* It will not cover any illness or injury that occurred while living overseas.
* Atlas provides “Home Country” coverage for 15 days within each three month period during the life of your policy. These 15 days do not add up every 3 months if you do not use them. If you don’t use the 15 days in that 3 months you loose them. However, please note that it is for incidental (not planned) U.S. home coverage. For example, a death in the family and you needed to go to the funeral.
– This coverage is for incidental illnesses and/or injuries that occur during that 15 day visit.
– An example would be if you have the misfortune of being in a car accident during your stay in the U.S. and you break a leg.
– Atlas’ coverage for such an event will extend to 90 days from the date the event happened even if you are here over 15 days.
- Please click on the brochure at https://www.gninsurance.com/atlas-international-medical-insurance-policy/ to read the most up-to-date information or call one of our international travel insurance specialist at 480-633-9500.