Good Neighbor Insurance (www.gninsurance.com and www.gninsurance.com) agents understand the importance of having adventure sports coverage while overseas. Most travel plans do not cover extra sports coverage. Yes, the average travel insurance, which Good Neighbor Insurance provides works exceptionally well wherever you go outside your home country. But if you are planning to do sports while you travel like scuba diving, surfing, flying a private plane, jet skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, windsurfing, or any other adventure sports it is best to have travel insurance that includes these activities.
There are a couple plans that include these sports activities already packaged into your travel insurance and there are other travel plans where you can add their sports rider for an added premium. Good Neighbor Insurance provides both types of plans and you may view our adventure sports web page by going to www.gninsurance.com/extreme-sports.
We provide four travel plans that include adventure sports coverage:
Atlas international with sports rider:
- Add the sports rider for 20% of your travel premium
- No height restrictions on mountaineering and rope climbing
Travel Guard trip insurance:
- All adventure sports is covered except participation in contest of speed, motor sport or motor racing including training or practice for the same
- This plan is used as your primary insurance
- Coverage also can be in the U.S. only or outside the U.S.
BUPA adventure sports travel insurance:
- Full contact sports covered plus no restrictions on hazardous sports or occupations (except motorsports).
- No deductible
- Unlimited medical and evacuation coverage
- Amateur and Professional sports covered
Patriot adventure sports insurance:
- Non U.S. citizens traveling outside their country of citizenship with coverage to also include the U.S.
- May include trip cancellation coverage as an added benefit
- Coverage period from 30 days to 6 months for non-contact sports
Check out Good Neighbor’s Insurance You Tube channel on sports insurance coverage at https://www.youtube.com/user/gninsurance#p/u/6/TU2xFPuAFp4 or go to our You Tube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/gninsurance#p/a.
Doug Gulleson is one of the two principles of Good Neighbor Insurance, Inc and does enjoy traveling the world to scuba dive. He travels overseas throughout the year with his underwater camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other but Doug never forgets to have his travel medical insurance with him at all times. Good Neighbor Insurance provides many different types of international insurance including medical and evacuation coverage outside the U.S. Visit Good Neighbor Insurance’s corporate site at www.gninsurance.com and www.overseashealthinsurance.com/trip-protection.asp for different travel medical insurance options that may fit your needs.