Yes, even though you are enjoying that great vacation. In the back of your mind you are wondering what happens when I need medical care while I am outside the U.S.? I do! I travel regularly outside the U.S. and I know anything can happen where I might need medical attention. A sprained ankle from uneven sidewalks, sideswiped by those motorcycles zipping in and out of street lanes, or just a very bad stomach virus from some bacteria that was embedded in one of my dinners at a local side road restaurant are just a few possible reasons why I would need medical insurance when I am overseas.
What are the main areas of travel insurance you and I need to keep in mind?
- Medical insurance from USD100,000 on up
- Medical evacuation form USD250,000 on up
- Average evacuation runs USD50,000 but we have seen them run up to USD150,000 when one is in a remote area of the world
- No deductible is required if this evacuation benefit is needed
- Political evacuation in case the country / city you are in becomes a hot bed of wild gun fights, etc.
- Trip Cancellation insurance
- Not always needed
- Probably a good thing if it is one of those expensive vacations you are taking
So instead of having to say “No travel insurance, no peace of mind, no vacations” you can grab that travel insurance at http://www.overseastripinsurance.com/ and say “have travel insurance, have peace of mind, and I want longer vacations!”