Question: Do I have to have this Trip Cancellation benefit?
Answer: No. This is an optional benefit that you can simply add to your BUPA international travel insurance by clicking the box on the quote screen. * To get to the quote screen, you can click the link above to go back to the main BUPA page, and click the Get A Quote orange button.
Question: What is the maximum coverage for trip cancellation on BUPA?
Answer: There is up to $2,000 USD maximum trip cancellation insurance cover for the Single Trip policy.
For the multiple trip policy, called the Annual Travel, the limit of international trip cancellation insurance is a maximum of $1,500 USD per trip.
Question: What is covered on the trip cancellation option/rider
Answer: The insurance provides cover from trip cancellation in the event that:
- Insured cannot travel due to death of a close relative
- Insured becomes seriously ill or injured requiring hospitalization, or dies
- Insured is declared medically unfit to travel
Pre-existing conditions related to this will not be covered unless they meet the guidelines found in the BUPA international travel insurance policy brochure.
Question: What is not covered by Trip Cancellation on BUPA?
Answer: Here are examples of situations that are not covered:
- Decide not to go for reasons not covered, such as if your pet dies and you don’t want to go anymore
- Visa is denied
- Border crossing denied
- Lost job
Here are the benefits included with obtaining the Non-Medical Option in addition to the standard BUPA international travel insurance:
* Personal accident — death and disability: 75,000 USD
* Maximum baggage cover per person per trip 2,000 USD
— Theft, robbery and fire 100% of the maximum baggage cover
— Loss of or damage to registered baggage 100% of the maximum baggage cover
— Theft of passport and/or cash 10% of the maximum baggage cover
* Baggage delay 500 USD
* Personal liability — property damage 500,000 USD
* Personal liability — bodily injury 1,000,000 USD
* Travel delay — documented expenses for accommodation (overnight stay) and meals
— 500 USD, and per day 100 USD
* Missed flight connection 1,000 USD
* Hospital daily benefit 2,000 USD, and per day 50 USD
* Security and legal assistance 10,000 USD
If you have questions about anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. Information online is one thing, but our specialists are always happy to speak with you so you can have real human contact and quick effective solutions.