Question: What does the evacuation benefit cover and how does it work?
Answer 1: It will take you from one medical facility to another medical facility, if needed.
- Think of evacuation as medical transportation. If the medical facility where you are located cannot take care of your current medical needs this benefit will start working for you.
Answer 2: The key on how to get this benefit implemented/started is for your doctors, who are with you, to connect with the doctors at the insurance company. They can get the phone number(s) on your medical card/confirmation you receive once you purchase this policy. Then the doctors on both sides will make a determination on what is the best option.
- If they need to evacuate you then the insurance company handles everything. There is no deductible or extra charges, besides your premium, for this benefit. In fact, you have up to 500,000USD no matter of the medical coverage you choose.
- The key to using this evacuation cover, if and when needed, is to call the insurance company pronto and they will handle the rest. Keep in mind this is an evacuation medical transportation benefit and not a rescue benefit.
Question: What evacuation cover will not do:
- This benefit is not a rescue benefit. For example, if you are hanging from a cliff, with or without any medical conditions, it will not cover for a chopper or airplane to pick you up.
- It will not take you from a non medical facility to a medical facility. For example, if you are in a ravine and need to be rescued due to a medical or non medical need. It will not do this.
- Thus, this evacuation benefit is not about rescuing from a life/death or serious medical/non medical situation.
Question: Does GNI have any other additional information relating to evacuation cover or other travel benefits when I purchase this plan?
Answer 1: When you apply please make sure you add the sports rider as well as “check mark” the sport(s) you will want covered.
Answer 2: This plan not only covers you while doing that sport, but also for all of your travel insurance care while outside your country of resident.