- Emergency evacuation USA /Domestic travel in the continental U.S.
- For U.S. residents of the contiguous 48 United States traveling more than 150 miles from home within the contiguous 48 United States only
- Available for adventure sports – No exclusions
- Up to age 75
- In the event of an inpatient hospitalization, the Domestic Travel Protection Membership provides medical transport to a hospital within the contiguous 48 United States.
- Not required:
- No health questions
- No deductibles or copays
- No claim forms
- This is not a medical insurance plan. Please make sure you are covered in a medical emergency before purchasing stand-alone medical transportation only.
|Annual Membership||$185.00 per year||$315.00 per year|
- Individual Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico
under the age of 75. An Individual Membership includes the individually identified
- Family Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico under the age of 75. A Family Membership includes a Primary Member, his or her spouse or domestic partner, and up to five (5) of their unmarried dependent children (including step, foster, and legally adopted children) under the age of 19 (or under the age of 23 if the dependent is a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college) who are dependent on the Primary Member for support and maintenance. Subject to the five (5) dependent maximum, Up to Age 75 02/16 pg 1 dependents added during the term of a family membership will be covered at no charge upon notification to Medjet prior to initial departure from the Residence Address as defined herein. To qualify as a dependent child, the child must reside with the Primary Member or be a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college, and be chiefly dependent upon the Primary Member for support.
If family is larger than 7 members, you may choose to pro-rate additional family members or choose two family memberships.
- Only residents of the contiguous United States under the age of 75 who are residing in and are traveling more than 150 miles from home within the 48 contiguous United States are eligible for this Medjet Domestic U.S 48 Membership plan.
Good Neighbor Insurance is proud to offer Medjet Emergency Evacuation USA (Medical transportation) services to our domestic clients. This program is not intended for pre-planned medical travel but for emergency medevac.
MedjetAssist is the premier global and domestic air-medical transport membership program for travelers.
This membership provides medical travel protection to members who travel within the United States, and are hospitalized as an inpatient due to illness or injury while traveling 150 miles or more from his or her residence address within the 48 contiguous United States. MedjetAssist will arrange for medical transportation and repatriation services to the hospital of the Member’s choice within the 48 contiguous United States.
Medjet asks no health questions (under age 75), has no adventure travel exclusions, co-pays or cost limitations. There are no claim forms, no deductibles, no out-of-pocket expenses. The whole process is handled as your benefit of membership. There are never any additional charges whatsoever after your membership fee is paid.
This plan also features easy renewals. Call to renew with any updated information or go online.
Medjet medevac plans are not “search and rescue” plans. And Medjet staff are not “first-responders.” It won’t get you off the side of a mountain or rescued at sea. You must be able to get to a local medical facility, but once there, if you need medical care they will bring you to the hospital of your choice in America or your home country. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If commercial air travel is not medically tenable, members are transferred by fully medically equipped aircraft. Members under the age of 75 are allowed two transports per membership year. In the case of a common accident involving multiple enrolled family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport. A family plan membership may include a primary member, a domestic partner or spouse, and up to five dependent children up to age 19 (or up to age 23 for full-time students).
For more, see the Rules & Regulations.pdf above
A Member must be medically stable for medical transport. Assuming all other medical transport criteria are met, a Member who is initially considered medically unstable for transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s home state may first be transported to the nearest appropriate medical facility for initial stabilization. After this initial stabilization, MedjetAssist will arrange continued transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s home state if the Member continues to meet medical transport criteria.
MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity. This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home state, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Medjet has access to more than 300 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Telephone interpretation is also provided when necessary, as well as emergency message relay.
MedjetAssist has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer. Many companies and insurance plans place caps, some as low as $25,000, on the total amount available for an air-ambulance.
Note that Medjet Assist is a membership program. It’s not a health insurance plan, a travel insurance plan or a platinum card service, and will not pay for treatment. We advise all of our clients to make sure they have adequate travel medical insurance when they travel as well as medical evacuation.
If hospitalized while traveling, have the following information available when you call Medjet:
- Your name and telephone number where we can contact you.
- Member’s name.
- Location (City, Country).
- Brief description of medical condition.
- Hospital telephone number.
- Attending physician or medical professional and telephone number.
Toll Free (USA & CANADA)
Collect (Around the world)