- Emergency evacuation expatriate memberships are available for those residing for extended periods in other countries. Residents of the U.S., Canada and Mexico must enroll in their home country before departure.
- Evacuation is to hospital of choice in your home country.
- Premiums are based on the uninterrupted time spent outside of your Home Country (United States, Canada, or Mexico).
- Up to age 74 may purchase without a medical form
- No hidden costs, additional fees, or out-of-pocket expenses
- This plan is “evacuation-only” (medical transportation), not health insurance or international student insurance. (All of our international health insurance plans include emergency evacuation as a benefit.) Please make sure you are covered in a medical emergency before purchasing stand-alone medical transportation only.
|Expat180 (up to 180 consecutive days)||$430.00||$545.00|
|Expat365 (up to 365 consecutive days)||$665.00||$985.00|
- Must have U.S., Canadian or Mexican residence to enroll/purchase. Can renew from anywhere in the world
- If already residing in another country, call us about eligibility. Will medevac back to a hospital in your current country where purchasing from, not to a hospital in the USA, unless purchased while in the USA.
- No “medical travel” allowed (Not intended for pre-planned travel for the medical treatment/surgery)
- Medjet has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer
- May add motorcycle coverage
- You must be hospitalized as an inpatient outside your home country as listed on your enrollment application, or hospitalized domestically within the U.S., Canada, Mexico and be 150 miles or more from your primary address and continue to meet inpatient criteria at the receiving hospital.
- Air medical transfer will be arranged if an inpatient hospitalization is required and the remaining inpatient hospital stay can be completed at a hospital of the member’s choice in their home country, and the member is unable to return via commercial airline in the care of a Medjet authorized medical escort.
- Members must be medically stable for transfer.
- Medjet will arrange continued transfer to the member’s home hospital if they continue to meet medical transfer criteria.
- Medical services are limited to two separate transfers per membership per year, except for repatriation transfers involving enrolled multiple family members requiring simultaneous repatriation.
- Affiliate aircraft used for the medical transfer of Medjet members are fully equipped intensive care aircraft staffed with specially trained medical teams. However, if the member’s condition permits – the member may be transferred by scheduled commercial airline, while in the care of a Medjet authorized medical escort.
The annual term of a MedjetAssist membership commences on the Effective Start Date selected by the Member during the enrollment process.
A Membership Year is the one-year period commencing on the Effective Start Date for the first year and on the anniversary of the Effective Start Date for any subsequent year during the term of a multi-year Membership, and ending one (1) year thereafter.
To be eligible for MedjetAssist services for a specific trip, the Effective Start Date must be prior to the Member’s initial departure from his or her Residence Address.
Individual Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico under the age of 75. An Individual Membership includes the individually identified Member only.
Family Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico under the age of 75. A Family Membership includes a Primary Member, his or her spouse or domestic partner, and up to five (5) of their unmarried dependent children (including step, foster, and legally adopted children) under the age of 19 (or under the age of 23 if the dependent is a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college) who are dependent on the Primary Member for support and maintenance.
If family is larger than 7 members, you may elect to enroll additional members at a pro-rated amount or purchase two family memberships.
If eligible as a dependent, family members added during the term of a family membership will be covered at no charge upon notification to MedjetAssist prior to initial departure from the Residence Address as defined
in the rules and regulations. To qualify as a dependent child, the child must reside with the Primary Member or
be a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college, and be chiefly
dependent upon the Primary Member for support.
Good Neighbor Insurance is proud to offer Medjet Emergency Evacuation (Medical transportation) services to our clients.
MedjetAssist is the premier global and domestic air-medical transport membership program for travelers.
If you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will facilitate getting you back to your home country hospital of choice from virtually anywhere in the world.
Medjet asks no health questions (under age 75), has no adventure travel exclusions, co-pays or cost limitations. There are no claim forms, no deductibles, no out-of-pocket expenses. The whole process is handled as your benefit of membership. There are never any additional charges whatsoever after your membership fee is paid.
Medjet medevac plans are not “search and rescue” plans. And Medjet staff are not “first-responders.” It won’t get you off the side of a mountain or rescued at sea. You must be able to get to a local medical facility, but once there, if you need medical care they will bring you to the hospital of your choice in America or your home country. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If commercial air travel is not medically tenable, members are transferred by fully medically equipped aircraft. Members under the age of 75 are allowed two transports per membership year. In the case of a common accident involving multiple enrolled family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport. A family plan membership may include a primary member, a domestic partner or spouse, and up to five dependent children up to age 19 (or up to age 23 for full-time students).
For more, see the Rules & Regulations.pdf above
A Member must be medically stable for medical transport. Assuming all other medical transport criteria are met, a Member who is initially considered medically unstable for transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country may first be transported to the nearest appropriate medical facility for initial stabilization. After this initial stabilization, MedjetAssist will arrange continued transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country if the Member continues to meet medical transport criteria.
MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity. This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home country, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Medjet has access to more than 300 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Telephone interpretation is also provided when necessary, as well as emergency message relay. Members receive help with foreign-language interpretation over the telephone when they are having difficulty communicating with local medical specialists by calling our toll-free number (800-963-3538 or call 205-595-6626 in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean) or calling collect from anywhere in the world.
MedjetAssist has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer. Many companies and insurance plans place caps, some as low as $25,000, on the total amount available for an air-ambulance. But a medical transfer between Europe and America can run more than $70,000. Middle East and South American flights range from $60,000 to $100,000. Transfer from Asia often exceeds $130,000.
Note that Medjet Assist is a membership program. It’s not a health insurance plan, a travel insurance plan or a platinum card service, and will not pay for treatment. We advise all of our clients to make sure they have adequate travel medical insurance when they travel as well as medical evacuation.
If hospitalized while traveling, have the following information available when you call Medjet:
- Your name and telephone number where we can contact you.
- Member’s name.
- Location (City, Country).
- Brief description of medical condition.
- Hospital telephone number.
- Attending physician or medical professional and telephone number.
Toll Free (USA & CANADA)
Collect (Around the world)