- Go to https://www.gninsurance.com/
outreach-group-travel/ and click on “BUY ONLINE”.
- If you are using a csv file, use the instructions shown further below, then return here. Otherwise put in the dates of travel and the number of people in each age group on the quote page. Press the “CONTINUE” button when you are done.
- This page shows the quote:
- The quote is for the whole group for the entire trip. This is not a daily or per person rate. However, the medical maximum and deductible are per person.
- If you want to add sports coverage you must do it here. Click on the “?” to see which sports are covered. If you want to have some participants covered by sports and some not, you will need to fill out two applications.
- Once you are ready, click on the quote you want.
- On this next page, enter the contact person’s information. This can be someone who is going on the trip but it does not have to be. The email address is where the policy information will be sent.
- You also choose your primary destinations. If you have more destinations or your country is not on the list, they will still be covered anywhere outside their home country. This policy cannot be used to travel to the U.S.
- On this page you also decide if you only want the policy emailed or if you want it mailed as well. You can also decide if you want the ID cards attached or if you just want to use the links in the email. If you want the cards attached to the e-mail, check the box. Press “CONTINUE” when you are done here.
- If you are not using a .csv file, you enter in the name of every participant on this page, by clicking on the “Add Primary Insured” once for each member of the group. You need their name, birthdate, and country of citizenship. Government ID is an optional field. You can also adjust the individual dates of travel here if necessary, but only by making them less than the total dates. The quote will be adjusted accordingly.
- After that is complete, you review the policy and make a payment. When the payment goes through, the policy details with the printable ID cards are immediately emailed to you.
- Note: Travelers over 79 cannot sign up for the Outreach Group Travel plan. Please contact us for options for coverage for them.
- In addition to the medical coverage, this plan includes $500,000 medical emergency evacuation and $50,000 repatriation of mortal remains per person.
Using a .csv file
There are two ways you can input your data when applying for the Outreach Group Travel online. The first is to simply type it into the online application. However another way to do it is with a csv file upload. If you are signing up a larger group this is a good idea as your data will not be lost if your internet connection goes down during the application. Here is how you do it:
- Download the sample file on the quote page.
- Open with excel or another spreadsheet application (like Open Office).
- Fill out the information for your team.
- Type should be “Primary” for everyone.
- To see the country abbreviations click on the link on the quote page.
- The abbreviation for the states is “USA”.
- Dates should be in the mm/dd/yyyy format, and should include any days your participants are outside their country of citizenship (but not traveling to the U.S.). The dates can be different for different participants.
- Once you have filled it out, save it (make sure to save it as a csv and not another format) and close it.
- Back on the quote page, put in the dates for starting with the first date and ending with the last date anyone in your group will be traveling.
- Click “Browse”, select the file on your computer, and click “Upload”. If everything was entered correctly, it should automatically put in the number of people in each age group. Press “Continue”.
- You should then see quotes for your group. The quotes are for everyone for the full time, not an individual or monthly rate. The medical maximum, medical emergency evacuation coverage and deductibles are per person