Q. How are the premiums for dependent only policies calculated?
A. If neither parent is covered on the GMMI policy, then the premium is calculated at the 19-24 year-old female rate.
Q. If I am paying monthly, what day is my credit card debited.
A. Your credit card will be debited each month on the effective day of your policy. For example: If the effective date of your policy is 9-25-2012 then your card will be debited on the 25th of each month.
Q. My wife and I are on the GMMI policy. We are adopting a child from a country in Africa. How do we add our soon-to-be adopted child to our GMMI family policy?
A. Here is what we need:
- We will need you to fill out the GMMI application with all information related to your soon-to be adopted child.
- On the top of the application please write “adding our adopted child to our GMMI family policy.” Please add one of your policy numbers.
- Email this application to us at Good Neighbor Insurance using this email address, email@example.com. The underwriting process, if no medical records or additional information is requested, is completed in around 10 business days from the time we receive the application.
- Adoption papers or Guardianship papers:
- Without adoption papers: If you are the legal guardian of the child, you are eligible to apply to add the child to your policies. However, the application will go through underwriting.
- With adoption papers: In order to apply for the child you will need to have either adopted the child or have taken the child into your legal custody. Those adoption documents (either the legal guardianship documentation or the actual adoption papers) will need to be sent in with the application. The pre-existing condition wording of the policy is the same as any new member signing up for coverage. Pre-existing conditions are excluded from benefits for the first 24 months of coverage and then after that time they are coverage up to $5,000 per year with a lifetime maximum of $50,000.
- The child may be declined for coverage during underwriting.
Q. Does my IMG GMI policy cover my child’s immunizations?
A. Yes, immunizations are considered a “Wellness” benefit. Child wellness benefits are available after 12 months of continuous coverage on the GMMI Silver, and Gold plans. On the GMMI Platinum, child wellness is available after six months of continuous coverage.
Q. When does my IMG GMI policy cover me for adult wellness?
A. Adult wellness benefits are available after 12 months of continuous coverage on Gold plans. On the Platinum plan, adult wellness benefits are available after six months of continuous coverage. There are no wellness benefits for adults on the Bronze or Silver plans.
Renewing my GMMI policy
Q. Can the policies of dependent children be renewed without the parents renewing their own policies?
A. Yes, but the premiums for the children will be charged at the female age 19-24 rate.
Q. When renewing my policy using the annual payment option, Is my credit card debited at the time of renewal or on the effective date of the renewed policy?
A. Your credit card will be debited at the time of renewal regardless of the effective date of the policy.
Q. If I renew before the effective date, will my early renewal cause my policy’s effective date to change.
A. No it will not. When you send in, via online or email scan, your renewal then your credit card will be charged. Thus, your credit card will be charged at the time or close to the time your renewal was sent in to IMG.
Dental and Vision Rider/Add on
Q. Does the Dental and Vision rider cover braces, or perhaps orthodontics?
A. Orthodontia is not covered on the dental rider.