Good Neighbor Insurance is one of the best known international insurance brokerages serving individual travelers, expatriates, and international organizations overseas. So you can imagine we are picky about which international insurance carriers we work with.
Each of our carriers has their own unique advantages. While we like HCC Insurance for many reasons, including the following, please be aware that HCC is no longer accepting employer health insurance applications or renewing group policies due to increasing regulatory pressure from a number of U.S. states, various countries worldwide, as well as the new Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) taking effect in America.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT HCC/TOKIO MARINE
When speaking about HCC/Tokio Marine, we often recommended them because:
- Been around for a long time – Long reputable history via Lloyds of London
- Affordable premiums
- Extensive preferred provider network worldwide
- Company is built on lines of Specialty Insurance (hcc.com)
- Rated AA (very strong) by Standard & Poor’s, A and A- by A.M. Best Company, AA(very strong) by Fitch Ratings, and A1 (Good Security) by Moody’s Investors Service, Inc.
- Their standard wellness option covers children
About HCC Medical Insurance Services’ GroupSecure® Benefits Plan:
- Comprehensive core medical and surgical package
- Access to a US Preferred Provider Network of over 400,000 licensed physicians
- Access to International Preferred Provider Network of over 2000 hospitals / clinics and 6000 physicians
- Outstanding customer service worldwide
- 24/7 Worldwide Travel and Medical Assistance that includes:
- Pre-Trip Destination Information – Up-to-date information regarding required vaccinations, health risks, travel restrictions, and weather conditions specific to the destination country
- Medical Monitoring – Consultations with attending medical professionals during hospitalization and single point-of-contact for family members to receive ongoing updates regarding your medical status
- Provider Referrals – Contact information for Western-style medical facilities, medical and dental practices, and pharmacies in the destination country
- Travel Document Replacement
- Lost Luggage Assistance and Tracking services
- Prescription Drug Replacement
- Emergency Travel Arrangements
- Dispatch of Physician
- Translation Assistance
Letter from HCC Medical Insurance Services’ International Business Unit Director:
Through our partnership with Good Neighbor Insurance originating over 10 years ago, HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) has insured numerous mission sending organization groups all over the world. Our fortified and in-sync relationship with Good Neighbor has allowed us to successfully provide consistent and reliable customer service and health insurance benefits to their clients.
HCC Medical Insurance Services is owned by HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HCC). Headquartered in Houston, Texas, HCC is a leading international specialty insurance group with offices across the United States and in Spain, Ireland and the United Kingdom. HCC is rated “AA (Very Strong)” by Standard & Poor’s and “AA (Very Strong)” by Fitch Ratings. In addition, HCC’s domestic insurance companies are rated “A+ (Superior)” by A.M. Best Company.
Traditional Midwestern values coupled with state-of-the-art information and telecommunications technology form the foundation of HCCMIS’s customer service capabilities. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, HCCMIS’s team of customer service specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to customer needs. No matter the time zone, no matter the language, no matter the culture, HCCMIS has the resources to provide its customers with the service they need, when and where they need it most. We look forward to continuing to serve the missionary and charitable aid industry through our loyal partners, Good Neighbor Insurance.
Juan C. Mas International Business Unit Director HCC Medical Insurance Services