For over a decade, Good Neighbor Insurance has been a member of the National Association of Health Underwriters. Not only does that help ensure compliance with current ACA health laws and insurance procedures and training, but it is also a good fit since “one of NAHU’s primary goals is to do everything we can to promote access to affordable health insurance coverage.”
NAHU offers members, such as GNI, a multitude of educational opportunities, including advanced designation programs, continuing-education classes and online learning. NAHU provides its members with professional conferences and networking functions, publications and business-development tools such as the HIPAA 2.0 for Employers – Compliance and Training Package. They also conduct advocacy efforts at the state and federal levels of government to advance the interests of health insurance professionals and to promote affordable and responsible private health insurance. Keep reading to learn more about NAHU.
NAHU’s Mission Statement
NAHU advocates for our members, provides professional development and delivers resources to promote excellence.
NAHU’s Vision Statement
NAHU is the preeminent organization for health insurance and employee benefits professionals.
NAHU also has a Code of Ethics (similar to the BBB) that we strongly support and advocate for. It can also be found at http://www.nahu.org/about/index.cfm.
NAHU’s Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a professional and public trust and do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients’ trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which I know may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a career, to know and abide by the laws of any jurisdiction Federal and State in which I practice and seek constantly to increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practices which may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications which reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To extend honest and professional conduct to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.
The NAHU Convention:
NAHU inspirational “TED” talk with Neal Petersen: