We like GeoBlue Navigator Health Insurance for Students and faculty against accidents and sickness:
- This plan is more comprehensive than any other student health insurance plan, and part of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network
- Plans are open to all non-U.S. citizens outside their home country, engaged in full-time international studies or teaching, ages 14-75
- Costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all J1-visa requirements
- GeoBlue arranges to pay the doctor or hospital directly, and waives deductible if you see a participating physician
- Includes emergency evacuation and transportation and unlimited annual and maximum medical
- Designed especially for International Students studying in the U.S. – No dependents are allowed on this plan
- Rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- After 364 days of continuous coverage, GeoBlue Navigator members may apply for a new plan that covers maternity costs in the same way as all other medical conditions.
If you cannot use the BUY ONLINE button above due to a poor or unreliable internet connection, needing to pay by check, or you are from a country that does not allow online form submission due to fraud, use this link to download a paper application (sometimes included as part of their brochure).