All individual insurance plans handle pre-existing conditions in one of the following ways:
- Rider or exclude the condition from coverage
- Rate-up the insurance plan because of the pre-existing condition
- Postpone for a definite period, e.g., two years, and then cap any coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Decline to provide any health insurance coverage for the person with the pre-existing condition
The advantages of “True Group” health insurance are that all pre-existing conditions are covered (sometimes after a short waiting period) and no one is declined coverage due to a pre-existing condition. If you have a large or small team of international workers, you want to make sure they all have health insurance for all contingencies, and it is very important to make sure that all of their pre-existing conditions are covered.
We can provide health insurance quotes for groups/teams as small as two or as large as several hundred. Please contact Good Neighbor Insurance if you are interested in a group health insurance quote.
Some key advantages of group insurance
Group insurance is not always less expensive or more expensive that individual long-term insurance. The rates/premiums are based on the average age of the group, the medical history of the group, and the benefits of the insurance plan. But whether more or less expensive than individual insurance, there are some definite benefits:
- Workers on group insurance that leave the company can switch over to COBRA when they return to the USA, and can be on COBRA for up to 18 months. This is very important if an individual has medical issues that would keep them from getting individual insurance. COBRA is not available for people on individual plans!
- Workers also have the option, after COBRA, of switching to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Every insurance company is required by federal law to insure a person on an individual plan if that person has been insured on a group plan. Again, this is a great benefit if a person has a chronic and/or terminal illness and cannot get individual insurance.
- Group insurance makes it possible for workers who would be uninsurable on an individual plan to have health insurance. No one is declined for coverage or ?ridered? on group insurance plans. All pre-existing conditions are covered.
- Finally, group insurance develops cohesion in the company. It is a sign of the employees caring for each other and of management working together with employees. It provides for team unity and team spirit.
We work on keeping all information on this site relevant, and free from error.
The information and advice on this website was deemed accurate when it was originally published. GNI cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. For the latest up-to-date information please call us or check brochures and other published materials for latest revision/date.