Why we like it:
WE RECOMMEND the Global Underwriter Travel Accident Protection Plan is an AD&D plan for travelers who already have medical coverage and are looking for the cheapest and best emergency medical transportation only plan for 1 day to 364 days – This travel accident protection plan (which is an AD&D plan) also includes emergency evacuation, as well as accidental death and disability benefits as an added benefit from $100,000 up to $1,000,000USD.
If you apply for AD&D War and Terrorism coverage, your evacuation insurance will also cover you in a war or terrorist situation.
If you apply for AD&D Hazardous Sports coverage, your evacuation insurance will also cover you during specified adventure sports.
- Our most cost effective Emergency Evacuation plan
- Travel accident protection can include Adventure Sports or War and Terrorism
- Those who already have medical insurance coverage
- From $100,000 up to $1,000,000 in accidental death coverage
Our most cost effective Emergency Evacuation plan is an AD&D plan with emergency evacuation benefit for up to 364 days:
- Evacuation Transportation (Optional add-on benefit)
- The emergency evacuation benefit is an add-on rider to the AD&D coverage (minimum AD&D cover is $100,000) but can be used as a stand-alone “Emergency Evacuation” plan.
- Up to $500,000 medical evacuation
- For any covered Injury or Illness that requires immediate transportation from the place where you are located (due to inadequate medical facilities).
- There is no medical insurance on this evacuation and AD&D plan
- War and Terrorism will be covered if you include AD&D War and Terrorism optional benefit
- Click here for further information
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation
- Up to $50,000
- If the Insured requires emergency evacuation due to situations which place him/her in Imminent Bodily Harm or due to a Natural Disaster.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) cover:
- From $100,000 to $1,000,000 benefit
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment covers in the case of death or dismemberment due to an accident, but not due to death by illness such as malaria or heart attack
- May include war and terrorism AD&D cover
- Covers within 365 days after the date of a covered accident, the Insured Person’s Injury results in death or dismemberment
- The amount of the Principal Sum is $100,000 unless the Enhanced AD&D Benefit is purchased.
NOTE: For children under age 18, Accidental Death and Dismemberment is limited to $25,000 per person.
- Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Coverage
- Variety of sports covered (see below)
- War Risk Coverage
- Can choose to cover AD&D in high-risk nations /conflict areas (see below)
AD&D Additional Global Travel Accident Protection Plan Benefit Information
Emergency Medical Evacuation Additional Benefits
ATHLETIC SPORTS AND HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY OPTION
Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Coverage – The Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Rider provides coverage if Your Injury or Illness results from the below enumerated Athletic Sports & Hazardous activities. The insured can purchase coverage, with the payment of additional premium, from specific bundled options of Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activities.
- FOR: Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activities that are
NOT: Intercollegiate or Interscholastic Athletics; Club Sports; or Organized Amateur Sports. Under this coverage, covered expenses are payable to the policy maximums.
- Low Option – BMX; Bobsledding; Bungee Jumping; Canoeing/Kayaking; Canopying; Cave tubing; Hang Gliding; Horseback Riding; Hot Air Ballooning; Jet Skiing; Martial Arts/Karate (Non-competitive); Motor Scooter; Motorcycling; Mountain Biking; Piloting any Non-commercial Aircraft; Safari; Scuba Diving (Not to exceed 30 feet, Resort Course or equivalent required); Snow Skiing (Recreational); Snowboarding (Recreational); Snowmobiling; Spelunking/Caving; Surfing (Recreational); Trekking (Not exceeding Class IV Difficulty on Yosemite Decimal System); Wakeboarding; Water skiing; Whitewater Rafting (Class I through V rapids); Wind Surfing; Zip Lining.
- Middle Option – Aerial Photograph (Use of proper restraints required); BMX (Racing or Competitive); Flying in any chartered/leased aircraft or helicopter; Heli-skiing; High Diving; Hot Air Ballooning (As a pilot); Mountain Climbing (14,000 ft. & below – Ropes & proper safety equipment required); Parachuting; Paragliding; Parasailing; Parascending; Rock Climbing (Ropes & proper safety equipment required); Scuba Diving (Below 30 feet, PADI/NAUI Certification required, or insured must be accompanied by a certified diving instructor); Skydiving; Snow Skiing Off-Piste.
- High Option – Big Game Hunting (Use of Firearms); Diving with Sharks; Mountain Climbing (14,000 ft. & above – Ropes, proper safety equipment & certified guide required); Running with the Bulls; Security Detail (use of firearms).
Big Game Hunting (Use of Firearms); Diving with Sharks; Mountain Climbing (14,000 ft. & above – Ropes, proper safety equipment & certified guide required); Running with the Bulls; Security Detail (use of firearms).
- FOR: Intercollegiate or Interscholastic Athletics; Club Sports; or Organized Amateur Sports. Under this coverage, covered expenses under the medical maximum are limited to $20,000.
- Low Option – Ballet; Baseball; Cheerleading; Cross Country; Diving; Equestrian; Fencing; Field Hockey; Golf; Polo (Horse); Polo (Water); Rowing; Softball; Surfing; Swimming; Tennis; Track & Field; Volleyball.
- Middle Option – Basketball; Competitive Cycling (Road, Track, CX); Ice Hockey; Inline Skating (Helmet & Proper Equipment Required); Lacrosse; Martial Arts/Karate; Modern Pentathlon; Skiing (Slalom, Giant Slalom, Downhill); Ski Jumping; Wrestling.
- High Option – Football (No Division One); Gymnastics; Rugby (No Division One); Soccer.
War Risk Coverage option
War Risk Coverage
In consideration of the payment of premium calculated in the manner stated in the policy to which the rider is attached, it is hereby agreed that for additional premium the policy is amended as follows: Any Exclusion under this Plan for “declared or undeclared war or any act thereof” is waived for an Insured Person’s loss caused in whole or in part by, or resulting in whole or in part from, declared or undeclared war or any act of declared or undeclared war, subject to the following restriction: The waiver only applies with respect to accidents that occur within the geographic limits or territorial waters of, or airspace above the geographic limits or territorial waters of a Designated War Risk Territory (as defined herein). War Risk Coverage in a high-risk country (listed below) requires payment of an additional premium and advance notice of travel. Termination Date- War Risk Coverage ends on the earliest of: (1) the date the Policy terminates; (2) the date specified in the Company’s written notice to the Policyholder or Participating Organization of the Company’s intent to terminate War Risk Coverage (or 10 days after the date the written notice is received by the Policyholder or Participating Organization, if later).Termination of War Risk Coverage will not affect a claim for a covered loss that occurred while War Risk Coverage was in effect.
- War Risk Area 1 (High War Risk – coverage is mandatory – covers your travels to countries in War Risk Areas 1, 2, and 3)
Afghanistan, Algeria, Cameroon, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Russian Federation (North Caucasus Region of Russia), Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen.
- War Risk Area 2 (Medium War Risk – coverage is highly recommended – covers your travels to countries in War Risk Areas 2 and 3)
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burma, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Dem. Republic of Congo, East Timor, Egypt, Eritrea, Haiti, India (Jammu, Kashmir and Mumbai), Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.
- War Risk Area 3 (Low War Risk – recommended – covers your travels to countries in War Risk Area 3)
All other countries not listed in Area 1 or Area 2 locations.
Country Specific Information
We provide Country Specific Information for every country of the world. For each country, you will find information like the location of the U.S. embassy and any consular offices; whether you need a visa; crime and security information; health and medical conditions; drug penalties; and localized hot spots.
Changes in Terms and Conditions – The terms and conditions of War Risk Coverage, including but not limited to the definition of the Designated War Risk Territory(ies), may be changed at any time to reflect conditions that, in the opinion of the Company, constitute a change in the war risk exposure of the Participating Organization or the Insured Person.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!