“Why Urbana?” “Why missions?” “Why overseas travel insurance?” You ask? Okay, this is easy.
Go to Urbana if: You want your life to have significance; You like being obedient to the God of the nations. (Even if that means going overseas.); or You want to make a difference in the lives of others – The lost, disadvantaged, poor, sick, orphaned, militant,…Especially those most lost, disadvantaged without opportunity to help themselves, those desperately poor, those sick unto death, those forgotten orphans that we don’t see because they live far away.
Tools and Tips for URBANA12:
Get The Top Three Risks When Traveling Overseas Here.
For individuals planning to travel overseas for either mission or pleasure
Watch the Video: Why Travel Insurance?
Get an instant comparison quote
on Short-Term Insurance >>
People go to Urbana because:
Urbana, as you have heard, is simply amazing.
Urbana12 will change your life and direction or give you
passion to fulfill that direction.
Urbana Student Missions Conference only happens every three years so you don’t want to miss it.
In case you missed Urbana Mission Conference in St. Louis, MO December 27, 2012 – January 1, 2013, here is what happened at Urbana12: (Results)
- 3,740 participants decided to recommit to following Jesus
- 6,434 participants committed to invite someone who is not a follower of Jesus to study Luke with them
- 7,058 participants committed to serve and learn in a global or cross–cultural setting
- 5,744 participants committed to short-term service (less than one year)
- 3,071 participants committed to mid-term service (one to two years)
- 4,224 participants committed to long-term service (more than two years)
Watch one of the sessions, “The Cost of Following Jesus“ by David Platt at Urbana12
Can’t attend URBANA15? You can still help by giving to the URBANA15 Scholarship Fund! Read more here: http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3e342179a289eb39deb7a9a40&id=48ff9a32a8&e=f32f1e50bf
WHY GO OVERSEAS – BE A MISSIONARY?
Why go overseas, or become a missionary, aren’t there enough needs here in America? (See above answer.)
WHY GET TRAVEL INSURANCE?
- Because your U.S. coverage probably stops at the border/you’ll be outside their coverage area.
- Because the same people who go to Urbana, and go overseas either long or short-term, are the same people who need good overseas travel or health insurance.
- They tend to think of others first. And may neglect to spend the time and money to protect themselves.
(Our advice? Same as the airlines – Put on your own oxygen mask before helping those around you.)
- They tent to be idealistic. Bad things do happen overseas. Violence, accidents, sickness, even horrifying versions of all the above. Isn’t it important, even helpful, that family members know someone is looking after you in case you need to be politically or medically evacuated? That they won’t have to face a $20,000 bill to get you back home in an emergency? Isn’t $30-40 worth it for their benefit alone?
- They tend to wait on God to tell them. Certain items are commonsense. You’ll need to pack. You’ll need a ride to the airport. You’ll need some kind of money to pay for food. And you need to make sure that you/your family are protected and that your finances are protected against the unexpected.
- They tend to want an organization to tell them what’s needed/expected. We cover many organizations and many, many more short-term teams insurance needs as well as provide thousands of short-term missionaries international medical insurance as well as overseas property insurance.
Career missionaries love Good Neighbor and our level of service and helpfulness when they are far from home.
- Because being sick or hurt can really ruin the party. Or the summer project. Or the cross-cultural experience. Not to mention your effectiveness on a short-term team or as part of a group or non profit organization overseas.
- Because poverty, educational opportunities, employment, knowing God, having sight, and many, many more similar issues are so important; and you simply can’t expect to remain making a difference in the lives of others without being adequately protected yourself.
There are simply too many reasons why these particular places are difficult situations to work in. Don’t presume that you can go there, or live there, without being affected yourself. Get good insurance.
Simply put, we’d rather be asking God and ourselves, “How are we going to get clean drinking water in this village?”
than asking “What happens when I get deathly ill and don’t have a good medical option locally?”
Where to start if looking for short-term travel medical insurance or long term missionary health insurance:
- If you are part of, lead, or coordinate a short-term team >>
- If you are going overseas short-term >> Would like an instant quote >>
- If you/your family are looking at long-term service overseas >>
- Or would like us to offer comparison quotes from a number of carriers >>
- We also have group insurance plans for large and small organizations working overseas >>