- Major medical for high-risk countries up for up to a maximum of 11 months coverage
Terrorism insurance must be selected as an option
- War coverage is only for those who are not active participants.
- Benefits up to $5,000,000
- Your choice of deductible: $0, $250, $500, $1,000, or $2,500
- Medical Evacuation Reimbursement up to $250,000 to a hospital near your residence
- $25,000 Accidental death benefit, Repatriation of Remains up to $250,000
- Monthly Premium Payments
- Backed by Lloyd’s of London
Petersen USAway Major Medical Insurance Terrorism Insurance plan covers you for up to 11 months duration for 100% of necessary hospital expenses/treatment, physician services, skilled nursing facilities if confinement begins following a medically necessary hospital confinement of 3 days or longer, home health care for all medically necessary expenses if hospitalization would have been required if home health care was not provided and the care is provided in accordance with a written plan established, approved and followed by a physician, ambulance services and more. There is an optional adventure sports/activities benefit that will cover you up to $250,000 for sports specifically named on the Schedule of Coverage or up to the max specified for that sport in the Schedule of Benefits.
(Racing of any kind, all professional or semi-professional sports, and collegiate, sponsored, or interscholastic athletics are not allowed)
For those 70 years or older, more at the bottom of this page. Please also see Brochure and Schedule of Benefits for additional limitations on coverage.
Regarding Medical Evacuation: Petersen will reimburse you for the costs of medically necessary transportation to return you to the facility nearest your home in your home country, which can provide appropriate care.
Non-Medical: Outpatient prescription drugs up to $500 maximum for the term of insurance, and for a maximum prescribed period of ninety (90) days for any one prescription., Emergency Return Home if, after you have departed, you learn of the death of an Immediate Family Member, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your home by fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, reimbursement of the cost of an economy one way air or ground transportation ticket for you to your home, up to a maximum of $5,000. $25,000 Accidental Death: $50,000 if accidental death occurs while riding as a passenger of a common carrier.
Follow Me Home: Provides benefits for any injury or illness which occurs while in the USA. Reimbursement for eligible expenses which occur due to a sickness or injury while in the United States of America or any of its territories. Benefits are limited to a maximum of seven (7) days for every month of coverage during your term of Insurance. One eligible day of coverage will be deducted for each day you are in the United States of America or any of its territories during the Term of Insurance. Benefits shall be excess of any and all other valid insurance.
Lost Luggage: In the event that your checked on luggage is completely and totally lost, Underwriters shall reimburse you to a maximum of $500, excess of any and all other valid and collectible coverages.
Trip Cancellation Benefit: If within two weeks prior to your pre-paid ticketed or vouchered initial trip departure your entire trip must be cancelled due to 1) your death, illness or injury causing hospitalization or outpatient surgery, or 2) the death of an Immediate Family member, or 3) the substantial destruction of your home due to fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, any unused and nonrefundable portion of expenses shall be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000, excess of $100 each and every loss and excess of all other valid Insurances.
If you elect this option underwriters will reimburse you for eligible expenses which are incurred as a result of injuries or illnesses sustained due to war/terrorism or an act of war/terrorism. War coverage is only applicable to those not taking part in hostilities. (Such as war declared or undeclared, invasion, hostilities, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, military or usurped power, martial law or confiscation by order of any government or public authority.) Injuries or Illnesses due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism involving the use or release of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent, regardless of any contributory cause(s) are not covered.
- For individuals over age fifty-nine (59), services and supplies for 1. Cardiac Related Conditions and 2. Cancer Related Conditions are limited to either (i) the medical costs of stabilizing your condition and the transportation costs of returning you to your home in your home country or (ii) a maximum reimbursement for eligible expenses of $25,000.00, at Petersen’s discretion.
- Insured age 70-74 are limited to $250,000.00 maximum benefit, all other terms and conditions apply.
- Insured age 75-79 are limited to $100,000.00 maximum benefit, all other terms and conditions apply.
- Insured age 80-84 are limited to $50,000.00 maximum benefit, all other terms and conditions apply.
Choice of Deductible
|Age 0-69||$0, $250, $500, $1,000, or $2,500|
|Age 70-79||$1,000, $2,500, or $5,000|
|Age 80-84||$2,500 or $5,000|
(Deductibles listed are per policy period)
One policy will be issued for each person.
|Age 70-74||up to $250,000|
|Age 75-79||up to $100,000|
|Age 80-84||up to $50,000|
(Benefits listed are per policy period)
One policy will be issued for each person.