- Emergency evacuation frequent flyer plan for business travel/frequent travel (medical transport) for those who have insurance and simply need an emergency evacuation plan (medevac insurance).
- “Classic” annual multi-trip plan equals savings after only a couple trips
- Available to residents of the United States, Canada, and Mexico (up to age 75) incl. coverage in home country if 150 miles or more from your home. Other countries may purchase this plan – Call for more info.
- Unlimited trips outside your home country | Up to 90 consecutive days per trip
- For one year up to five years
- This plan is “evacuation-only” (medical transportation including air and land transport), not medical or travel insurance. (All of our annual multi-trip medical insurance plans do include emergency evacuation as a benefit.) Please make sure you are covered in a medical emergency before purchasing stand-alone medical transportation only.
- Medjet is a domestic and global air-medical transport membership program based out of the U.S.
- All the member pays is their premium:
- There are no out-of-pocket cost when using your benefits
- There are no copays
- No hidden costs and no cost limits
- Emergency evacuation frequent flyer plan for frequent travelers age 75 and under. Not subject to any health restrictions
- Additional memberships services that may be added to cover:
- Personal travel concierge benefits
- Free legal and medical referrals
- Emergency message relay to family and friends
- Information on visa, passport, and immunization requirements for travel to foreign countries
- Premiums updated on March 2016
- Must have U.S. or Canadian residence to enroll/purchase. Can renew from anywhere in the world
- If traveling or residing in another country, call us about eligibility. Will medevac back to any hospital in your country of origin, not to a hospital in the USA.
- No “medical travel” allowed (Not intended for pre-planned travel for the medical treatment/surgery)
Good Neighbor Insurance is proud to offer Medjet Emergency Evacuation Frequent Flyer (Medical transportation) services to our clients.
MedjetAssist is the premier global and domestic air-medical transport membership program for travelers.
This membership provides medical travel protection to members who travel within the United States, Canada or Mexico or outside of their respective countries for up to 90 consecutive days per trip. If you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will facilitate getting you back to your home country hospital of choice from virtually anywhere in the world.
Medjet asks no health questions (under age 75), has no adventure travel exclusions, co-pays or cost limitations. There are no claim forms, no deductibles, no out-of-pocket expenses. The whole process is handled as your benefit of membership. There are never any additional charges whatsoever after your membership fee is paid.
This plan also features easy renewals. Call to renew with any updated information or go online.
The annual term of a MedjetAssist membership commences on the Effective Start Date selected by the Member during the enrollment process.
A Membership Year is the one-year period commencing on the Effective Start Date for the first year and on the anniversary of the Effective Start Date for any subsequent year during the term of a multi-year Membership, and ending one (1) year thereafter.
To be eligible for MedjetAssist services for a specific trip, the Effective Start Date must be prior to the Member’s initial departure from his or her Residence Address.
Individual Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico under the age of 75. An Individual Membership includes the individually identified Member only.
Family Membership: Available to residents of the United States, Canada and Mexico under the age of 75. A Family Membership includes a Primary Member, his or her spouse or domestic partner, and up to five (5) of their unmarried dependent children (including step, foster, and legally adopted children) under the age of 19 (or under the age of 23 if the dependent is a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college) who are dependent on the Primary Member for support and maintenance.
If family is larger than 7 members, you may elect to enroll additional members at a pro-rated amount or purchase two family memberships.
If eligible as a dependent, family members added during the term of a family membership will be covered at no charge upon notification to MedjetAssist prior to initial departure from the Residence Address as defined
in the rules and regulations. To qualify as a dependent child, the child must reside with the Primary Member or
be a full-time student in actual attendance at an accredited school or college, and be chiefly
dependent upon the Primary Member for support.
Medjet medevac plans are not “search and rescue” plans. And Medjet staff are not “first-responders.” It won’t get you off the side of a mountain or rescued at sea. You must be able to get to a local medical facility, but once there, if you need medical care they will bring you to the hospital of your choice in America or your home country. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If commercial air travel is not medically tenable, members are transferred by fully medically equipped aircraft. Members under the age of 75 are allowed two transports per membership year. In the case of a common accident involving multiple enrolled family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport. A family plan membership may include a primary member, a domestic partner or spouse, and up to five dependent children up to age 19 (or up to age 23 for full-time students).
For more, see the Rules & Regulations.pdf above
A Member must be medically stable for medical transport. Assuming all other medical transport criteria are met, a Member who is initially considered medically unstable for transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country may first be transported to the nearest appropriate medical facility for initial stabilization. After this initial stabilization, MedjetAssist will arrange continued transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country if the Member continues to meet medical transport criteria.
MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity. This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home country, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Medjet has access to more than 300 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Telephone interpretation is also provided when necessary, as well as emergency message relay. Members receive help with foreign-language interpretation over the telephone when they are having difficulty communicating with local medical specialists by calling our toll-free number (800-963-3538 or call 205-595-6626 in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean) or calling collect from anywhere in the world.
MedjetAssist has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer. Many companies and insurance plans place caps, some as low as $25,000, on the total amount available for an air-ambulance. But a medical transfer between Europe and America can run more than $70,000. Middle East and South American flights range from $60,000 to $100,000. Transfer from Asia often exceeds $130,000.
Note that Medjet Assist is a membership program. It’s not a health insurance plan, a travel insurance plan or a platinum card service, and will not pay for treatment. We advise all of our clients to make sure they have adequate travel medical insurance when they travel as well as medical evacuation.
If hospitalized while traveling, have the following information available when you call Medjet:
- Your name and telephone number where we can contact you.
- Member’s name.
- Location (City, Country).
- Brief description of medical condition.
- Hospital telephone number.
- Attending physician or medical professional and telephone number.
Toll Free (USA & CANADA)
Collect (Around the world)