You’re working overseas for a business or nonprofit organization and are going to be moving overseas for a year or more. You need an international expat health insurance policy for yourself or your family. You want your family to have proper coverage without overspending, but there are so many plans and options that it’s hard to be sure which plan is the best fit for you.
Here are some important factors to consider as you choose your plan:
- You will initially have to go through underwriting for these plans, but the coverage is significantly more comprehensive than travel plans.
- Your location matters because some plans offer better networks or rates in certain areas of the world.
- The amount of time you will be spending in the U.S. each year.
- Some carriers may offer plans that are a better fit for your age, health condition or family size. For example, there are special plans for seniors, plans that cover pre-existing conditions, and plans that are a better fit for small or large families.
- Some plans offer better maternity or adoption benefits than others.
- If you need other types of benefits, such as life insurance or crisis response, certain carriers may be a better fit for you.
Scroll down to see the different plan options or contact us to help you find the right plan. If going overseas for a year or less, consider a personal travel plan for the best rate..
Some benefits included on most of our international expat health insurance plans:
Our recommended plan
GMMI priced right for charitable travel
Global medical insurance for volunteers, non-profits and social good workers
- Charitable travel: Non-profits, volunteers, or faith-based workers up to age 75
- Those looking for rich benefits at a very affordable price
- Those who may need up to 6 months a year in the USA
- Those who require good insurance, but receive their medical care overseas
Our recommended plan
GeoBlue Navigator Insurance For Volunteers, Social Good, NGO & Missionaries
Excellent U.S. expat and volunteer travel insurance
- Discounted insurance for expats and volunteers up to age 74
- A full-featured plan from a well-known carrier
- Those needing up to 9 months per year back in the USA
- Part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
Scroll down to see all international health plans below
More International Expat Insurance Plans
Global Medical insurance for Expatriates
Great affordable global medical insurance for expatriates
Azimuth Meridian International Career Medical Plans
A great plan for those on a tight budget
Cigna Global Individual Overseas Medical Insurance Plans
A “build it yourself” benefits plan from Cigna
Nomad Health Insurance Plan
The Nomad Health Insurance
Vumi VIP Health Insurance For Seniors
Vumi International Health Insurance for seniors age 60-90
GeoBlue Xplorer Overseas Travel Insurance with maternity coverage
Excellent travel insurance with maternity coverage
Best Long-Term International Health Insurance
Good Neighbor Insurance has the best international expat health insurance plans for those working overseas, on oversees assignment, or choosing to live abroad, for at least one year. Because everyone is different, we offer a wide variety of plans to fit every family or individual need. And we have our most popular plans, economy, and premium PPO world health insurance plans to fit every budget. If you know how much you pay for U.S. Health Insurance, you may be pleased to know that GNI can usually lower your premium for international health insurance saving you money.
These International Expat Health Insurance Plans Are For:
- Long-term workers and professionals overseas
- Self-employed international businessmen and women
- Humanitarian, philanthropy and social justice groups: Amnesty Intl., Human Rights Watch, Freedom House,…
- Non profit charities and their workers such as World Vision, World Relief, Food for the Hungry,…
- Those helping the poor and hungry such as CARE, UNICEF, UNHCR, Feed the Children,…
- Volunteer workers like Doctors without Borders, the Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity,…
- Missions and Christian organizations overseas: Wycliffe, Pioneers, Compassion Intl, Catholic Relief, YWAM,…
- Social Business and Social Entrepreneurs like Grameen Bank, One Laptop Per Child (OLPC), TomsShoes,…
- As well as B Corporations (B Corps) such as Better World Telecom, Enviro-Stewards and Good Capital, LLC
If you have questions about any of the international expat insurance plans, please contact Good Neighbor Insurance at 866-636-9100 or contact us by email.
How we determine the best plan for you
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!