Why we like it:
The Azimuth Meridian International health plan is one of our most affordable international health insurance plans, with flexibility in both coverage options (three levels to fit each budget) and it is also more flexible in underwriting for those who might otherwise have trouble getting approved. It includes 6 months of coverage in the U.S. each year, and your 2 youngest children under 10 are covered at no cost if both parents choose coverage. You can also “exclude coverage in the U.S. and Canada” to save even further.
Note: If you are not a U.S. resident or a Canadian resident and do not need coverage in the U.S. or Canada, select “Exclude the U.S. and Canada” when you apply or get a quote.
- Up to age 65 on a tight budget looking for an affordable international health insurance plan
- People needing more flexibility in underwriting
- People wanting up to 6 months a year in the USA
- Your 2 youngest children (under 10) covered at no cost
Azimuth Meridian is an affordable international health insurance plan with three options
- Choose from Enhanced, Essential or Clear based on your needs and budget
- Can exclude the U.S. and Canada if that coverage is unnecessary
- Great for those on a tight budget looking for an affordable plan
- Azimuth is a little more lenient with underwriting
- Choose this plan if needing up to 6 months coverage in the U.S. per year
- Great for young families since first two children are free if both parents sign up together
- Popular as missionary insurance and for those doing charitable work abroad
- A good policy for those volunteering or having to pay for their own coverage
All of our Azimuth Meridian Plans:
- Backed by Lloyd’s of London
- Feature Flexible Underwriting
- Allow up to 30 days of coverage in the U.S. at the start of the policy
- Six months out of twelve months coverage in the U.S. each policy year
- Maternity coverage:
Meridian Enhanced – $50,000 maternity benefit included after a 12 month waiting period.
Co-pay of $2500 per pregnancy.
- Has Aetna as the PPO network in the U.S. which is an excellent network
Click to view plan features
Click to view plan features
Meridian Clear – For specific needs
Click to view plan features
More about this affordable international health insurance plan
Azimuth Meridian International Includes:
- Medical evacuation coverage
- Medical health coverage
- Repatriation of remains
- Bedside visit (also known as Emergency Reunion)
- And many additional benefits (Many at 100% of reasonable and customary)
Who Is Eligible for the Meridian Series?
Clients who qualify medically and are more than 14 days old and under the age of 65 who live outside of the United States, are able to apply for the plan and once accepted, would be able to continue indefinitely with no medical questions subject to the terms of the Evidence of Insurance. If you are a US citizen residing in the USA, you must depart the US within 30 days of your Effective Date for each Coverage Period of insurance and within 30 days of your continuation of coverage date.
Those clients who qualify medically and are accepted on the plan after the age of 65 would be able to continue on their plan up to their 75th birthday.
Meridian Speed Underwriting
The Meridian Series plans involve a review of your application by underwriters to determine your eligibility for coverage and acceptance on the plan.
Meridian Essential applications are routinely reviewed and processed within 48 business hours and Meridian Enhanced are regularly reviewed and processed within 72 business hours, provided we receive all necessary information.
Once accepted on the plan, you will receive confirmation of coverage via email if you provide email information, followed by a complete fulfillment kit containing your Evidence of Insurance, identification card(s), Azimuth claim form, welcome letter and receipt for the transaction. If an application is declined, the premium will be refunded in total.
Family Friendly Rates
Thanks to the First Two Free feature, families enjoy the benefit of having the first two children under age 10 covered at no extra charge if both parents are insured on the same plan.
What if I have a Claim?
The claim process is quite simple. In the event that you have a claim for eligible expenses you have already incurred, simply complete the Azimuth Claim Form, which is included in your plan fulfillment or you may download one at www.azimuthrisk.com.
Submit the completed Azimuth Claim Form, original itemized bill and receipts of payment to our office, in which all eligible expenses will be promptly reimbursed. With every aspect of Azimuth’s operations, if you have questions or difficulty with the claim submission process, simply contact our office and we will happy to assist.
In the event that you have a large or ongoing claim your pre-notification through Azimuth will in many cases allow us to arrange direct billing and payment to your healthcare provider.
In order to receive complete benefits, hospital admissions, trip interruptions, repatriation of mortal remains, emergency medical evacuations, any Inpatient or Outpatient Surgery or procedure indicated in the Evidence of Insurance, must be pre-notified by contacting Azimuth Risk Solutions prior to receiving services.
In the case of emergency hospital admission, Azimuth must be contacted within the first 48 hours of admission or as soon as reasonably possible.
Pre-notification is not a guarantee of benefits.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!