Medjet Diamond: The best Emergency Evacuation Senior travel plan for ages 75-84 for travel anywhere in the world
Please note that Medjet Assist Diamond Membership includes emergency evacuation senior travel benefits and all the same features as other Medjet plans except is limited to one emergency medical evacuation a year, and requires a completed .pdf application/medical form prior to acceptance. Available to individual seniors age 75 to 84. For a quote or to purchase, download the form above, complete and return to email@example.com
Medjet Diamond Emergency Evacuation for Senior Travel includes:
- Medical transportation/Medical evacuation – Same benefits as Classic (except only 1 medevac per year allowed)
- Air and Ground ambulances – Medical transport only. Does not cover medical treatment or coverage
- Travel security and translation assistance
- No additional costs: No deductibles, claim forms, or out-of-pocket expenses
- No caps or limit to the cost of medical transportation
- This plan is “evacuation-only” (medical transportation including air and land transport from medical facility to medical facility of your choice), not medical or travel insurance. (All of our senior travel medical insurance plans do include emergency evacuation for senior travel as a benefit.) Please make sure you are covered in a medical emergency before purchasing stand-alone medical transportation only.
|Emergency Evacuation for Seniors||$ based upon approval||$ based upon approval|
Generally, about $450 per person per annum, $395 with AARP discount.
Transport to the hospital of your choice worldwide even if the hospital/medical facility you are at is adequate (No proof of medical necessity)
Payment of membership fee entitles the member to all emergency evacuation of seniors services and benefits as published at no additional cost to the member – No deductibles, no copays, no “OOP” (out-of-pocket) expenses, and no caps
- Diamond Membership may not be purchased online – You must complete the .pdf application and fax or return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must have U.S. or Canadian residence to enroll/purchase. Can renew from anywhere in the world
- There is no “short-term memberships” for seniors – Annual memberships only
- No “medical travel” allowed (Not intended for pre-planned travel for the medical treatment/surgery)
- If two members are traveling together, both must complete their own application: Either Diamond for single travel, Diamond+One if traveling with person under 75, or Diamond+Diamond if both travelers are over 75 years of age.
- Diamond family memberships with members over age 75 will need to submit an individual health questionnaire for each member over age 75.
- A general health questionnaire and medical statement must be completed by the prospective member and his or her physician. Only the Medical Statement form provided by MedjetAssist will be accepted for consideration. All information is kept strictly confidential.
- Excess of 90% approval rate or accepted based on specific exclusions.
- To view detailed benefits, or rules and regulations for the Diamond membership, please download the Medjet Assist Diamond Rules and Regulations above.
1. Air Transport Restrictions/Exclusions
Both the originating and receiving hospital must be reasonably accessible by ground ambulance to transport the member to and from an airfield capable of accommodating MedjetAssist authorized aircraft. Membership provides access to only MedjetAssist authorized aircraft. Due to the high risk of sending U.S. registered aircraft and personnel into countries where the U.S. State Department has issued travel restrictions, membership services are subject to exclusion in these areas:
- A member with tuberculosis or other chronic airborne pathogens may not be transported.
- A member beyond the second trimester of pregnancy may not be transported.
- A member with mild lesions, simple injuries such as sprains, simple fractures or mild illness which can be treated by local doctors and do not prevent the member from continuing their trip or returning home does not qualify for air medical transport.
Air medical transport services will not be provided in cases where the member’s primary admitting diagnosis is an inpatient psychiatric disorder.
- A member traveling outside the United States for the sole purpose of seeking medical treatment whether inpatient or outpatient, experimental or otherwise, will not be eligible for air medical transport benefits for that specific trip.
- A member traveling or living outside the United States or Canada for an uninterrupted period in excess of 90 days is not eligible for membership benefits beyond the 90th day.
Family members, business associates, and/or traveling companions may accompany the patient, at no additional cost, on a MedjetAssist authorized aircraft during transport, provided space is available and the patient care is not compromised. Passengers accompanying patients transported on scheduled commercial aircraft will be responsible for such passengers’ own airfare.
If the member has no insurance coverage for the services rendered, the member is still entitled to all MedjetAssist benefits at no additional cost. While MedjetAssist makes every effort to accommodate its members, the patient and an accompanying passenger are limited to one small carry-on bag each due to limited space available on medical aircraft. MedjetAssist will arrange for additional luggage to be forwarded at the member’s expense. Members will not be entitled to MedjetAssist benefits if their illness or injury is a result of or is contributed to by the following:
- War, invasion or civil war;
- Suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self injury;
- A member’s own criminal or felonious act, or sustained while the member is in a state of insanity;
- A member with an infectious disease under treatment at the time of enrollment will not be transported for any condition related to that infection;
- A member on an organ transplant list prior to enrollment will not be entitled to a transport for that transplant;
- A member who is hospitalized at the time of enrollment will not be eligible for transport benefits for that hospitalization and may not be accepted for membership entirely.
2. Preexisting conditions:
The following pre-existing medical condition limitation applies to all Diamond Plan Emergency Evacuation for Senior Travel. Membership benefits will not be provided for any pre-existing defect, infirmity or condition for which an enrolled member is receiving medical treatment, advice or consultation where there has been any (1) changes in the dosage or usage of prescribed medication for that condition, or (2) changes or modifications to an existing prescribed plan of treatment for the condition, or (3) internal or external treatment or therapy for that condition, either as an inpatient or outpatient during the six (6) months (180 days) immediately prior to the effective date of the membership. If, however, there are no changes or treatments during this (6) month period as described above, benefits will be provided to the member for sudden and unexpected illness or injury. MedjetAssist reserves the right to change or amend these rules and regulations. MedjetAssist is solely responsible for the interpretation and application of the rules and regulations communicated in this publication. All determinations by MedjetAssist shall be final and conclusive in each case. Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. By enrolling as a member you accept and agree to the terms and conditions of membership.
Good Neighbor Insurance is proud to offer Medjet Emergency Evacuation for Senior travel (Medical transportation) services to our clients aged 75-84.
MedjetAssist is the premier global and domestic air-medical transport membership program for travelers.
If you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will facilitate getting you back to your home country hospital of choice from virtually anywhere in the world.
Medjet asks no health questions (under age 75), has no adventure travel exclusions, co-pays or cost limitations. There are no claim forms, no deductibles, no out-of-pocket expenses. The whole process is handled as your benefit of membership. There are never any additional charges whatsoever after your membership fee is paid.
Medjet medevac plans are not “search and rescue” plans. And Medjet staff are not “first-responders.” It won’t get you off the side of a mountain or rescued at sea. You must be able to get to a local medical facility, but once there, if you need medical care they will bring you to the hospital of your choice in America or your home country. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If commercial air travel is not medically tenable, members are transferred by fully medically equipped aircraft. Members under the age of 75 are allowed two transports per membership year. In the case of a common accident involving multiple enrolled family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport. A family plan membership may include a primary member, a domestic partner or spouse, and up to five dependent children up to age 19 (or up to age 23 for full-time students).
For more, see the Rules & Regulations.pdf above
A Member must be medically stable for medical transport. Assuming all other medical transport criteria are met, a Member who is initially considered medically unstable for transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country may first be transported to the nearest appropriate medical facility for initial stabilization. After this initial stabilization, MedjetAssist will arrange continued transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country if the Member continues to meet medical transport criteria.
MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity. This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home country, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Medjet has access to more than 300 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Telephone interpretation is also provided when necessary, as well as emergency message relay. Members receive help with foreign-language interpretation over the telephone when they are having difficulty communicating with local medical specialists by calling our toll-free number (800-963-3538 or call 205-595-6626 in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean) or calling collect from anywhere in the world.
MedjetAssist has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer. Many companies and insurance plans place caps, some as low as $25,000, on the total amount available for an air-ambulance. But a medical transfer between Europe and America can run more than $70,000. Middle East and South American flights range from $60,000 to $100,000. Transfer from Asia often exceeds $130,000.
Note that Medjet Assist is a membership program. It’s not a health insurance plan, a travel insurance plan or a platinum card service, and will not pay for treatment. We advise all of our clients to make sure they have adequate travel medical insurance when they travel as well as medical evacuation.
If hospitalized while traveling, have the following information available when you call Medjet:
- Your name and telephone number where we can contact you.
- Member’s name.
- Location (City, Country).
- Brief description of medical condition.
- Hospital telephone number.
- Attending physician or medical professional and telephone number.
Toll Free (USA & CANADA)
Collect (Around the world)