Why we like it:
The Premier Disability Insurance Plus Plan is a good expat disability insurance option for up to age 65. It has both high (10x salary) benefits amounts and is highly rated.
Good for global citizens in Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The plan helps you meet financial obligations if you are unable to work for an extended period of time (or not at all). It has a lump-sum payment in the event of a death caused by an accident.
It also has strong financial backing by Lloyd’s of London.
- 10-year rate guaranteed
- Up to 10X your salary (5mil USD maximum)
- Monthly payments during waiting period afforded under TTD benefit
- No medical examination for sums of USD $500,000 or below.
Some benefits of Premier Disability
PREMIER DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- 10 year rate guaranteed by PA Group
- Coverage for accidents or illnesses
- Permanent coverage up to 10 times annual salary
- Optional temporary total disability benefit
- Coverage for loss of limbs or loss of sight
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- PA Group underwritten by Griffin Underwriting Limited, reinsured 100 percent by Lloyd’s of London.
- A+ Standard & Poor’s : A+ (Strong)
- AA- Fitch Ratings : AA- (Very Strong)
- AM Best: A (Excellent)
Applicants up to age 65.
Some of the Benefits offered by Premier Disability Plus are:
• Monthly payments during waiting period afforded under the Temporary Total Disability (TTD) benefit
• Lump sum payment – after 12 months of Total Disability – for the loss of one eye or one limb – in the event of a death caused by an accident
• Full payment of the policy’s total face value for covered injuries/illnesses in the event of Permanent Total Disability
• High benefit level up to 10 times salary with a USD $5,000,000 maximum
More about this expat disability insurance plan
Premier Disability Plus is disability coverage for accident and sickness that is offered to global citizens on an individual and group basis providing a lump sum in the event of an accident or sickness.
Unlike other products in the market, Premier Disability Plus is a true expat disability insurance policy that covers until age 65 without annual medical information reviews and with level premiums for the life of the contract.
AD&D Benefit table
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of both eyes – 100%
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye – 50%
- Loss of use of two limbs – 100%
- Loss of use of one limb – 50%
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye and loss of one limb – 100%
Exclusions and Limitations
This Expat Disability Insurance does not cover claims in any way caused or contributed to by:
- Death by natural causes.
- War or any act of war, whether war is declared or not, invasion, civil commotion or riots of any kind.
- Bodily Injury or Sickness sustained while in any of the armed forces (land, sea or air) of any country or international authority.
- Intentional self-inflicted injury or attempted suicide or the Insured Person being in a state of insanity.
- The Insured Person being under the influence of alcohol or having taken drugs or narcotics, or any poison, chemical compound, gas or fumes, unless prescribed by a legally qualified physician or surgeon.
- Bodily Injury or Sickness occasioned or occurring while the Insured Person is committing or attempting to commit a felony or to which a contributing cause was the Insured Person being engaged in an illegal activity.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage or abortion.
- Bodily Injury or Sickness arising out of a Pre-Existing Condition unless noted in the proposal form and agreed by the Underwriters.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS’ Related Complex (ARC) or Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) howsoever these have been acquired or may be named.
- Neuroses, psychoneuroses, psychopathies, psychoses or mental or emotional diseases or disorders of any type.
- Any loss arising out of any medical or psychological condition where no firm and complete diagnosis can be made with regard to the causal factors. No firm and complete prognosis can be made as to the likely severity of the condition or its permanence.
- The Insured Person riding or driving in any kind of race or endurance test. Riding or being a passenger in any 2, 3, or 4 wheel mechanically powered motorcycle, quad or scooter. Traveling in any aircraft which is being used for crop-dusting, seeding, skywriting, racing, exploration or any other purpose than transportation as a passenger. Unless noted in the proposal form and agreed by the Underwriters.
- The Insured Person’s deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save human life).
- Any cause specifically excluded by an Endorsement to this Policy.
- Nuclear Reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- Hazardous occupations as well as activities/ sports/ hobbies based on, as stated, underwriter review, consideration and additional premium.
- Partial disability other than for the Loss of Sight of one eye or the loss of use of limb as per the Schedule.
All claims are subject to:
- The completed claim form;
- An official document proving the date of birth of the Insured and official certificate of death, in event of accidental death;
- Proof of employment at date of disability/death;
- Proof of salary, at date of disability/death;
- A detailed medical report from the attending physician(s) on the onset, course and consequences of the bodily injury, disease or accident, as well as the degree and probable duration of the disability. The Insurer may request further proof of disability at any time and have the Insured examined by its own medical consultants;
- During the continuance of a period of disability, updated medical reports from the attending physician(s) as often as the Insurer may reasonably require.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!