Good Neighbor Insurance is one of the best known international insurance brokerages serving individual travelers, expatriates, and international organizations overseas. So you can imagine we are picky about which international insurance carriers we work with.
Each of our carriers has their own unique advantages. We chose MetLife Multinational and ExPat for the following reasons.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT METLIFE:
If we were rating MetLife as an insurance company, we’d recommend MetLIfe Insurance for:
- They have great customer care
- Their plan and program-design flexibility offer a variety of options and creative pricing strategies
- Tailored benefits make MetLife affordable
- Large overseas network for direct payment of hospital bills
- Very straight forward – Don’t have to “jump through hoops”
About MetLife Multinational and ExPat Benefits for groups such as charities, relief work and missions
- Up to 12 months of furlough coverage, allowing missions or non-profit workers to remain covered during extended trips back to the US
- Extensive, localized global network, offering care from medical professionals with local expertise, but ensuring that US citizens don’t pay more than they would if they were local to the area
- 24/7 multilingual customer service and claims translation in any language
- Online suite of web tools that makes it easy for members to search for providers and facilities worldwide, view claim status, benefit information, access pre-trip planning, and more
About MetLife Multinational and ExPat Benefits (cont.)
- Administrative flexibility in terms of billing and enrollment
- Travel assistance services including emergency evacuation and repatriation
- Access to an extensive US national network of over 1 million providers and 5500 hospitals during trips back to the US
- Extensive coverage in Africa, with a network of over 40,000 providers on the continent
- Local claim payments in over 140 currencies
- Local and regional pricing expertise, as well as discounts between 5-60% depending on the location
- Highly experienced, designated account manager who is able to assist you with a variety of issues, from everyday inconveniences to unexpected emergencies, and will tailor their service to your needs wherever you are in the world
An open letter from MetLIfe’s Assistant Vice President:
MetLife is honored to partner with Good Neighbor in providing cost-effective, comprehensive benefit plans that protect expatriates and their families during their international assignments. With a strong focus on missionaries, non-profits, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Good Neighbor’s client base consists of a noble population that we are proud to serve whenever given the opportunity.
With more than 35 years of experience serving expatriates, MetLife has a strong understanding of the concerns globally mobile employees and their families face when seeking care outside of their home country. Coupling that knowledge with affordable, customized plan designs that specifically benefit missionary and non-profit groups allows us to work closely with Good Neighbor and consistently hold paramount one key priority: the best interest of the clients.
While we are in the insurance business, we pride ourselves on being in the people business as well – and Good Neighbor’s philosophy, one focused on treating others with respect and care, aligns with our ethical standards, creating a seamless relationship that goes beyond business practice alone.
We are thrilled to work with Good Neighbor to provide consistent, affordable, accessible care to people living and working around the world, and look forward to many more years of a strong relationship ahead.
Assistant Vice President, Global Employee Benefits
Regional Sales Manager, Southern California