Why we like it:
This GeoBlue Navigator Health Insurance for Exchange Students Plan protects both individuals and groups of students (+adults or faculty) coming to the USA, against mishaps and sickness when studying or on cultural exchanges/trips to the USA.
More comprehensive than other student health insurance plans or general travel plans, it has an extensive network in the USA that is connected to BlueCross BlueShield.
Open to individuals and groups aged 14-75 coming to the USA to study, to participate in an exchange program, or are engaged in full-time studies or teaching.
Note: This GeoBlue plan is excellent for groups and international student organizations of 25 or more. The plan design can be customized to fit your requirements
- For non-U.S. students and organizations sending students to the USA
- For cultural exchanges
- Discounted group rates and customizable benefits
- Part of the well-known BlueCross BlueShield network
We like GeoBlue Navigator Health Insurance for Exchange Students in the USA to protect students and faculty against accidents and sickness:
- This plan is more comprehensive than any other student health insurance plan, and part of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network
- Plans are open to all non-U.S. citizens outside their home country, engaged in full-time international studies or teaching, ages 14-75
- Costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all J1-visa requirements
- GeoBlue arranges to pay the doctor or hospital directly, and waives deductible if you see a participating physician
Rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Includes emergency evacuation and transportation and unlimited annual and maximum medical
- Designed especially for International Students studying in the U.S.. No dependents are allowed on this plan
- After 364 days of continuous coverage, GeoBlue Navigator members may apply for a new plan that covers maternity costs in the same way as all other medical conditions.
GeoBlue’s health insurance for exchange students in the USA is for students studying outside their country of citizenship/residence. It is a good choice for both students, research scholars, and faculty. This is because GeoBlue offers comprehensive (worldwide) benefits—inside and outside the U.S.—without the typical limits, eligibility conditions and benefit exclusions common among traditional plans. You also have the strength of a U.S. regulated Insurer – to an offshore carrier.
Description of Plan:
- Inside the USA, minimum length is 3 months.
- Sports and alcohol-related injuries are covered.
- Can pay monthly. Can re-enroll in same plan with matching benefits after 364 days of continuous coverage (Does not automatically renew at year end)
- Features Direct Pay to doctors and hospitals, rather than reimbursement in all 50 states
- In the USA, GeoBlue waives the deductible if a member sees a participating physician. Simply show your ID card at the time of service.
More than 96% of physicians and more than 91% of hospitals across the U.S. are a part of the BlueCard Network.
- Around the clock, 24/7 access incl. for medical emergencies.
- It also comes with concierge-level medical assistance (which is helpful if students have not had to deal with insurance companies in the past or had nationalized healthcare.
- It also features easy access to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield provider network, which is well-known in the USA and the largest provider network in the U.S. as well.
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- Protects you on travel overseas as long as not within home country/country of residence
- Choice of deductibles in U.S.A. of $250., $1000., $2500., and $5000 when in-network (Or $500., $2000., or $5000. and $10000. out-of-network)
- Physician office visits including preventive care
Hospitalization, surgery and diagnostic care
- Coinsurance: 20% in-network/40% out-of-network (waived outside the U.S.)
- Prescription drug coverage included
- Physical therapy, mental health and substance abuse
- Includes Medical Evacuation up to $250k, Repatriation of Remains to $25k, and AD&D up to $10k
Who is this plan underwritten by?
The U.S.A. portion is underwritten by 4 Ever Life Insurance Company – A U.S. Licensed & Admitted Insurer. Rated A- (excellent) by A.M. Best. They have over 60 years experience in enhancing protection. 4 Ever Life Insurance Company is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Is this plan ACA-compatible?
No, since it is a yearly renewable plan and not long-term insurance, it is not required to be ACA-compatible. However, it meets all student health insurance requirements and is part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield network. It also has more benefits than other comparable student plans.
How long will I have to wait until I hear back?
GeoBlue usually responds to completed applications (when accompanied by first month’s payment) within 24-48 hours of receipt. Most common causes for delay in underwriting are:
- Missing, inaccurate or incomplete information such as:
Weight AND Height
Date of birth
- Incomplete or illegible information such as the mailing address does not
include city, state and ZIP code.
- The application is not signed and dated by the applicant.
- Additional documentation or information is required.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!