Why we like it:
This overseas student health insurance plan is more comprehensive than any other student health plan. And it has an extensive international network. It costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all local/national requirements. Plans are open to qualified U.S. citizens ages 14-75, studying outside the USA, or engaged in full-time international studies, or teaching.
This is an excellent plan for educational organizations and cultural exchanges. Can cover groups with 25 or more enrollees, and the plan benefits can be customized.
Note: Designed for U.S. students studying internationally as well as students coming to the USA – No dependents are allowed on this plan.
- Designed for U.S. students studying abroad – Groups can also apply
- UNLIMITED MEDICAL MAXIMUM
- Deductible waived for office visits
- Part of the extensive Blue Cross Blue Shield network
This GeoBlue Student Insurance plan
We like GeoBlue Navigator Student Health to protect students and faculty against accidents and sickness:
This plan is more comprehensive than any other overseas student health insurance plan, and part of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network.
Plans are open to all non-U.S. citizens outside their home country, engaged in full-time international studies or teaching, ages 14-75.
Costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all J1-visa requirements.
GeoBlue arranges to pay the doctor or hospital directly, and waives deductible if you see a participating physician.
Includes emergency evacuation and transportation and unlimited annual and maximum medical.
Designed especially for International Students studying in the U.S. – No dependents are allowed on this plan.
Rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
After 364 days of continuous coverage, GeoBlue Navigator members may apply for a new plan that covers maternity costs in the same way as all other medical conditions.
GeoBlue’s overseas student health insurance plan is for students studying outside their country of citizenship/residence. It is a good choice for students, research scholars and faculty because GeoBlue offers comprehensive (worldwide) benefits—inside and outside the U.S.. It is offered without the typical limits, eligibility conditions and benefit exclusions common among traditional plans. You also have the strength of a U.S. regulated Insurer – to an offshore carrier.
- Inside the USA, minimum length is 3 months.
- Sports and alcohol-related injuries are covered.
- Can pay monthly. Can re-enroll in same plan with matching benefits after 364 days of continuous coverage (Does not automatically renew at year end)
- Features Direct Pay to doctors and hospitals, rather than reimbursement in all 50 states
- In the USA, GeoBlue waives the deductible if a member sees a participating physician. Simply show your ID card at the time of service.
- More than 96% of physicians and more than 91% of hospitals across the U.S. are a part of the BlueCard Network.
- Around the clock, 24/7 access incl. for medical emergencies.
- Comes with concierge-level medical assistance (which is helpful if students have not had to deal with insurance companies in the past or had nationalized healthcare).
- Features easy access to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield provider network. It is well-known in the USA and the largest provider network in the U.S. as well.
This plan has Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximums
- Protects you on travel overseas as long as not within home country/country of residence
- Choice of deductibles in U.S.A. of $250., $1000., $2500., and $5000 when in-network (Or $500, $2000, or $5000 and $10000 out-of-network)
- Physician office visits including preventive care
- Hospitalization, surgery and diagnostic care
- Coinsurance: 20% in-network/40% out-of-network (waived outside the U.S.)
- Prescription drug coverage included
- Physical therapy, mental health and substance abuse
- Includes Medical Evacuation up to $250k, Repatriation of Remains to $25k, and AD&D up to $10k
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!