Why we like it:
Both long-term and short trip international student medical plan for groups and institutions. Affordable and offering the highest levels of protection for institutions, cultural exchange programs, and non-profit groups. Those who are working in cultural exchange and understanding, language and culture immersion, research, and group travel. Including families, ages 0-64.
The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. It offers the opportunity to customize benefits to fit your needs, and your board’s or institution’s requirements. IMG has also has great multilingual customer service so you will always understand medical recommendations or prescribed treatment.
- Both annual student plans and short-term travel plans available!
- Discounted rates for institutions and organizations
- For educational and cultural exchange
- Opportunity to customize benefits to fit organizational requirements
For both longer-term stays abroad and educational/cultural trips
- Provides short or long-term worldwide health insurance protection for U.S. student groups or institutions with individuals or groups studying or traveling internationally for cultural enrichment, language acquisition or study abroad programs.
- IMG has served over a million people around the globe, including many study abroad programs, group tours abroad, and cultural exchange programs and offers coverage for a few weeks up to one year (renewable up to 48 months).
- Standard plan is designed to meet U.S. travel visa requirements for groups of students studying abroad or participating in a group cultural exchange program incl. J1 and J2 visa holdersThey also offer a “basic” economical plan for cultural exchange groups, and a long-term annual plan – All allow for / can include spouses and dependents on plan(s).
Allows for coverage of pre-existing medical conditions after someone has been on the plan twelve months
- Deductible before insurance pays: $100 or $50 if treated in Student Health Center, no Co-insurance in network or Student Health Center
- Includes medical and political evacuation as well as terrorism
- A full list of benefits and optional benefits either organizations or individuals can select from including adventure sports,
- Coverage for dependents and family members
- This is one of our best Student Group Plans – Can include families/dependents
- Students/participants on these plans may be extended/renewed up to 12 months. If no break in coverage, this plan may be renewed for up to 4 years
- We like that IMG Patriot Group insurance is underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation and is rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best and A- by Standard & Poor’s
Protection when you go overseas as part of a group to study or teach or as part of a cultural exchange program. Plan designed for institutions, cultural exchange programs, and non-profit groups. Those working in cultural exchange and understanding, language and culture immersion, research, and group travel.
International Medical Group has developed the Patriot Group Exchange Program. It is a special student medical plan designed for group travel by educational institutions and others offering exchange programs and travel opportunities for the purpose of education, cultural understanding or learning to specifically meet their student’s, and participant’s, needs. The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day, providing you (or your group) Coverage Without Boundaries. IMG has also has great multilingual customer service and dedicated claims administrators.
Who the plan is designed for:
- Students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- International graduate students
- Scholars and educators
- For groups of two or more students or participants
Whether your trip takes you abroad for a few weeks or a year, your cultural exchange experience should be enjoyable. You have enough to worry about when you’re traveling. Don’t let your medical coverage be an uncertainty.
IMG has developed Patriot Exchange Program to offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Most of the student medical plan options are designed to meet the U.S. visa travel insurance requirements for a student studying abroad or a participant of cultural exchange. The individual and group plans provide coverage for dependents and may be purchased in monthly increments.
Additionally, you can choose from a nice range of plan maximums and additional add-on coverages. You may also seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice. For students, scholars, and cultural exchange participants when inside the U.S., the UnitedHealthcare network is a longstanding reputable tier 1 network that gives you more access to more doctors and services. You can also quickly search the care network through MyIMG.
When outside the U.S., enjoy access to quality healthcare worldwide with IMG’s proprietary IPA network that includes over 18,550 physicians and facilities.
Benefits vary by standard short-term travel plan, budget travel plan, and annual long-term plans: (See brochure)
Plan maximums limits up to $500,000 per injury or illness, Lifetime Maximum $5,000,000
Standard – Choice of $50k, $250K, or $500k per illness/injury with lifetime maximum of $5,000,000
Basic – Choice of $10k per illness/injury with lifetime maximum of $5,000,000
Annual – Customizable for $50k up to a lifetime maximum of $5,000,000
No coinsurance on any plan when overseas (Amount you pay after deductible)
Short-term (either plan) $100 per illness or injury;
Long-term annual plan: In-patient $100, Out-patient $40
Emergency evacuation benefits to $25,000, $50,000, or the maximum limit set by policy
- Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Plans are renewable up to 48 months if minimum of one month is purchased
- Groups may purchase customizable annually renewable long term plans
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- No coinsurance
- Emergency reunion, Repatriation of remains, AD&D, dependent coverage (for faculty, scholars, students and exchange participants, terrorism, more…
- Pre-existjng condition coverage and sudden re-occurrence of a pre-existing condition (U.S. citizens only)
Baggage, legal assistance, personal liability, injury or damage to third party or their personal property, and limited high school sports coverage, interscholastic, intramural, or club sports.
OPTIONAL ADVENTURE SPORTS RIDER:
Available to all Patriot Group Exchange plans up to age 65.
Many adventure sports activities are covered up to the lifetime maximum amounts listed.
See brochure for a full list and any excluded sports.
OPTIONAL CHAPERONE/FACULTY LEADER REPLACEMENT RIDER:
In the event that an insured person (designated as Chaperone/Faculty Leader by the sponsoring organization) has an unexpected death of a relative, or a medical emergency, or even substantial destruction of their principal residence in his/her home country, which causes the leader to have to cancel or interrupt their travel, Patriot Group Exchange Program will cover reimbursement up to $3500 for the exchange of a round trip economy airline ticket for a replacement Chaperone/Faculty Leader.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!