Thank you for considering employment/current job openings at Good Neighbor Insurance, located in Gilbert, Arizona, east of Phoenix. We continue to grow year-after-year and are always accepting applications for new agents and support staff.
Your resume or application can be sent to Doug@gninsurance.com and will be kept on file if we have already filled the job opening you are applying for.
Good Neighbor Insurance offers above industry standard pay, group bonuses, as well as medical and dental benefits. Ideally, our employees are well-traveled, highly principled, responsible individuals with excellent people skills.
We have a very low turnover rate in our 20+ year history and are looking for staff that will love their job, and want to be part of the Good Neighbor family for many years to come!
WE HAVE AN OPENING – GOOD NEIGHBOR INSURANCE
Basic job description incl. responsibilities and hourly salary (not commission-based)
Our openings all require:
- Sharing our values and culture
- Excellent phone and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong desire to help people / commitment to customer service.
- Self-directed work and taking personal responsibility.
- Working as a team player – We pay salary, not commissions, and include quarterly bonuses after 6 months based on team goals (versus personal goals to eliminate individual competition). We encourage team cooperation/performance.
- Good with computers/database: Outlook, Word and Goldmine contact management system, typing, writing business letters.
- Following up with insurance companies/clients to complete sales and answer questions (we do all training for this).
- Responding to web sales and questions via calls and contacts from the internet. (We do not cold call anyone or telemarket).
- We prefer all of our workers to be licensed, professional health insurance agents. (Therefore, we offer both an hourly increase in salary and a higher percentage of quarterly bonuses if you get licensed). We pay for coursework and fees, but it involves study on your own time.
- We train. No insurance experience necessary.
- Ideally, you would love travel, have traveled, or done volunteer work overseas.
- Ideally, you would love helping those who are working overseas to make the world a better place.
- Visit our page: https://www.gninsurance.com/good-neighbor-insurance-purpose/ to learn more about what we do.
Open position – Customer Service/Administrative/Web Sales – Individual and Team Department
Our 21-year old company in Gilbert, AZ has 10 team members and very low turnover rate. We are looking for a self-motivated person to:
Handle incoming emails and customer service calls by:
Travelers, expatriates, missionaries and by non-profit volunteer organizations working overseas and seeking travel health insurance for…
- Short-term trips
- Those going overseas for missions and volunteer work
- Adventure and extreme sports enthusiasts
- Long-term workers (expats)
- Missionaries with faith-based charities and non-profits
No insurance or experience necessary for the right person.
No telemarketing and no cold calling.
Salaried, not commission.
We train all of our personnel and are primarily looking for those who are friendly, helpful and want to serve others.
This person will daily act as:
1. A Greeter: Responsible at times for welcoming, screening and filtering incoming communication to determine need
Skills required: A “warm” voice and personality. Active listening. Great customer service/making people feel welcome and honored.
2. A Trusted Friend: Able to make trustworthy recommendations and provide expert advice
Skills required: Empathy/Ability to put yourself in another person’s situation. Learning our products. Thinking of the right questions to ask, ability to present information. Ability to remember facts/data. Curiosity, positivity and attention to detail.
3. A Liaison: between clients and carriers
Responsible for 1.) Letting clients know what an insurance carrier requires from them – and follow-up 2.) Problem solving – direct, educate and respond to challenges related to plan or benefits, billing and renewal, and any process and procedure between our clients, and carriers.
Skills required: a desire to become an expert on policies and service procedures.
Responsible for 1.) sending and replying to emails, and updating data, sending information to clients 2.) accurate data entry 3.) follow-up 4.) making manager’s job easier
Skills required: Attention to detail, speed, organization and management skills, time management skills, and accuracy.
Hourly wages are above industry standard starting at $14.00. Includes substantial quarterly bonus after six months.
We offer additional salary (Increasing hourly by $2-3. per hour) for those who become licensed agents (also increases each quarterly bonus).
We cover health insurance (100%) and dental insurance (100%) for employees. We offer only full-time positions.
OUR PERSONAL AND CORPORATE VALUES
Our purpose and values are clearly stated at https://www.gninsurance.com/good-neighbor-insurance-purpose/. We will not employ those who do not fit our ethos and values: Honesty, caring, personal responsibility, personal integrity, a strong desire to serve, a desire to help one another, attentive, initiative, a positive outlook, and great interpersonal relationships.
We keep people safe. After 21 years we have one of the best reputations in the industry by looking after people first. The bottom line is, “How are we serving people? How are we treating people?”
People are our business. People are the destination.
INQUIRIES/RESUMES SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Resumes and applications for job openings should be sent to Doug Gulleson, Vice President of Good Neighbor Insurance (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) in either Word .doc (.docx) or in .pdf file formats. Please include past work experience/salary history when applying.
Inquiries regarding positions already filled will be kept on file for future use. We apologize in advance that initial inquiries over the phone will not be accepted.
More information about Good Neighbor can be found on our “About Us” pages.