Why we like it:
WE RECOMMEND the Atlas Multi-Trip annual travel medical insurance (HCC) for frequent flyers and travelers up to 75 years old. This travel health insurance covers all regions and nations. The only exclusion would be U.S. citizens are not covered inside the U.S., even if they reside full-time outside the United States.
Its coverage is good for medical expenses for new injuries and new illnesses up to a maximum limit of $1,000,000. It offers coverages for things like terrorism, liability, complications of pregnancy and political evacuation.
Atlas Assistance Services also include Bag Trek, cash transfers and lost document replacement, live travel services, and other assistance services for mobile professionals on the go.
- An annual travel medical insurance plan for frequent flyers
- Offers coverages for complications of pregnancy, sports, and political evacuation
- 12 months of coverage with unlimited trips up to either 30 or 45 days.
- For anyone traveling outside their country of residence
The Atlas Annual Travel Medical Insurance plan (multiple trip plan) is great for:
The repeat international traveler or frequent flier traveling on:
- Traveling the world
- Gap year
- Photography, filming
- Short term missions, pastors visits, vision trips
- Participating in some international adventure sports *
Note: One requirement to obtain this annual travel insurance: You must have and maintain an active health insurance plan through your home country for the time you will be on this Atlas annual travel medical insurance.
- Non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. residents may choose to exclude the U.S. or include the U.S. in their annual policy
- U.S. residents and citizens (incl. those living abroad) may purchase this plan, but will not be covered in the U.S.
- Eligibility for Atlas Multi-trip policy coverage requires that each applicant’s age be between 14 days and up to 75 years of age.
- Must have primary health insurance policy or nationalized healthcare since this plan is considered secondary insurance.
An example of annual costs is $300 if including travel to the USA, or $230 if excluding the USA.
The Atlas Annual Travel Insurance plan is a great option for any most types of frequent annual travelers and business travelers, except for the mosts dedicated of extreme sports enthusiasts!
With this international multi trip insurance, you can have 12 months of coverage with unlimited trips up to either 30 or 45 days. This is a great option for anyone traveling outside their country of residence – The only exception is that U.S. citizens will not be covered inside the U.S., even if they reside outside the United States as expatriates full-time, or choose the “including the USA” option.
There is one requirement to obtain this annual travel insurance: You must have and maintain an active health insurance plan through their home country for the time of their Atlas Professional annual travel insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses for new injuries and new illnesses is up to a maximum limit of $1,000,000USD. There is a set $250 deductible per trip, which is what the insured person is responsible first if any claims occur. As listed above and below, there are also other provisions in this annual travel insurance, with separate and individual coverage limits. One of these other benefits is the international medical evacuation insurance. The international medical evacuation insurance limit is up to $1,000,000, and is separate from the overall medical maximum limit.
* Sports Coverage – Atlas MultiTrip includes coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses that could occur while participating in many popular vacation sports – skiing, snowboarding, snorkeling, water skiing, and others – at no additional cost. Certain extreme sports are excluded from coverage. Make sure to call ahead if you have questions about coverage.
Why the Atlas Annual Travel Medical Insurance Policy Is A Good Option For Travelers?
- Sign up once per year – Ease of use and convenience – No more forgetting to apply each time or your new ID number every trip!
- Covers medical and medical evacuation insurance provided for emergencies, big and small
- Can “include the USA” or “exclude the USA” in order to save money – Note: U.S. expats cannot include the USA in their coverage
- Covers complications of pregnancy during the first 26 weeks of gestation
Political evacuation is covered if during the coverage period and after your arrival the United States government issues a travel warning for your destination country
- Covers up to $10,000 (or up to $100,000 **if additional coverage is selected) to offset costs associated with kidnapping, such as ransom, crisis response expenses, and loss of personal belongings. This benefit includes access to the services of Unity Crisis Group for advice, coordination with law enforcement, and negotiations during a kidnapping.
- Includes a personal liability benefit in case you cause injury or damage to property during your travels – up to $10,000 (or up to $100,000 if additional coverage is selected)
- Atlas Assistance Services that include Bag Trek, cash transfers and lost document replacement, live travel services, and other assistance services
- The international medical evacuation insurance limit is up to $1,000,000, and is separate from the overall medical maximum limit.
Annual Travel Benefits
Some of the Included Travel Benefits:
Overall Maximum Limit $1,000,000 with deductible of $250 per covered trip
Hospital Indemnity $100 per day of inpatient hospitalization – not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Emergency Medical Evacuation Up to $1,000,000 lifetime maximum, except as provided under Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition – not subject to deductible, coinsurance, or overall maximum limit
Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition (excludes chronic and congenital conditions and only available to members under age 70)
Up to the overall maximum limit
$25,000 lifetime maximum for Emergency Medical Evacuation Emergency due to acute onset of a pre-existing condition
Up to $100,000, subject to a maximum of 15 days -not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Return of Minor Children Up to $50,000 -not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Pet Return Up to $1,000 – not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Crisis Response – Ransom, Personal Belongings, and Crisis Response Fees and Expenses Up to $10,000 – not subject to deductible, coinsurance, or overall maximum limit Coverage excludes countries or regions for which the U.S. Department of State has issued a level 3 (“reconsider travel”) or level 4 (“do not travel”) advisory.
Up to: $10,000 lifetime maximum
$10,000 third person injury
$10,000 third person property
$2,500 related third person property – not subject to deductible, coinsurance, or overall maximum
Personal Liability Atlas MultiTrip offers up to $100,000 if additional coverage is selected, to offset the following types of court-entered eligible judgments or approved settlements incurred by the member.
• Third-party injury
• Damage/loss of a third party’s personal property
• Damage/loss of a related third party’s personal property
Political Evacuation Up to $100,000 lifetime maximum – not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Natural Disaster – Replacement Accommodations Up to $250 per day for 5 days -not subject to deductible or coinsurance
Travel delay, trip interruption, lost bags, repatriation of remains, emergency dental,…
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Included
(Includes a separate Common Carrier Accidental Death Benefit) – $250,000 maximum benefit any one family or group. Not subject to deductible, coinsurance, or overall maximum limit
Ages 18 through 69
Lifetime Maximum – $50,000
Death – $50,000
Loss of 2 Limbs – $50,000
Loss of 1 Limb – $25,000
Under age 18
Lifetime Maximum – $5,000
Death – $5,000
Loss of 2 Limbs – $5,000
Loss of 1 Limb – $2,500
Ages70 through 74
Lifetime Maximum – $12,500
Death – $12,500
Loss of 2 Limbs – $12,500
Loss of 1 Limb – $6,250
Ages 75 and older
Lifetime Maximum – $6,250
Death – $6,250
Loss of 2 Limbs – $6,250
Loss of 1 Limb – $3,125
For a complete list of travel medical benefits covered under this plan – See the brochure.
Details / Updates
- Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London
- For under age 70, coverage for sudden and unexpected onset of pre-existing condition to the policy limit selected
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit matches medical coverage maximum of $200,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000 maximum excluding chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes or asthma.
Trip Delay benefit added ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
- Pet Return benefit added (up to $1,000 to return pet home if member hospitalized)
- Lost Checked Luggage benefit of $500
- New Bedside Visit benefit (up to $1,500 for economy ticket to enable family member to visit if member admitted to ICU)
- Eligibility definition expanded for Trip Interruption benefit (includes death of grandchild)
A couple of important notes:
- For smaller claims, here is how it typically works outside of the U.S. and Canada. You will pay out of pocket for the medical expenses and submit the claim with all receipts and records. You will then be reimbursed for all eligible expenses after the deductible has been met. (the deductible must be recorded via claim form, even if the claim doesn’t surpass the deductible)
- For larger emergencies such as, surgeries or medical evacuations, the insurance company must be contacted prior to treatment or evacuation. This is one of the reasons that there are the emergency phone numbers on the back of the insurance ID cards.
Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
An acute onset of a pre-existing condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence. Chronic and congenital conditions are excluded from coverage.
Atlas MultiTrip provides a limited benefit up to the medical coverage lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses.
If you are younger than 70, you may be covered for an acute onset of a pre-existing condition.
This also includes up to a $25,000 lifetime maximum for emergency medical evacuation.
Who is HCC? (Tokio Marine HCC)
Tokio Marine HCC is part of Tokio Marine, a premier global company with a market cap of approximately $30 billion. *NTokio Marine HCC holds a financial strength rating of AA- for Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings and A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, headquartered in the United States in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a full-service company offering international medical insurance products designed to meet needs of consumers worldwide.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!