Why we like it:
No max age limits! The GlobeHopper Annual Travel Insurance for Over 65s protects older travelers who need travel medical insurance coverage for unlimited trips throughout a 12-month period, with trips up to 30 days at a time and a max benefit of $1,000,000 (up to age 79) and $100,000 (for 80+ years). All for $190 a year!
It is only available to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents who are 65 years of age or older who are actively enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B, and enrolled in a Supplemental Medigap Plan or Medicare Advantage Plan.
We also like that is has a Non-Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit. There is also a single-trip option of this plan for trips up to 365 days.
- Annual travel insurance for seniors age 65 to 80+
- For those who travel multiple times a year up to 30 days per trip
- Low annual price and coverage up to $1,000,000 (65+-79)
- Must be U.S. resident enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B and Supplement or Advantage Plan
GlobeHopper® Senior Multi-Trip
Annual travel insurance for over 65s
Addresses the insurance needs of U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent resident seniors who either reside part time every year outside the U.S. or are active adults traveling multiple times a year and wanting the convenience of an annual travel insurance plan with one ID card and one policy good all year long while traveling outside the U.S.
- Annual travel medical coverage for trips of up to 30 days in duration (unlimited trips per year)
- Coverage for individuals and spouses
- Maximum Limits of $1,000,000 for those 65-79, and $100,000 for those over 80
- Numerous deductible options
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
There is no age limit on this Globe Hopper Senior Travel Insurance Plan.
It is available to any U.S. citizen and U.S. permanent residents who are 65 years of age or older who are actively enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B and enrolled in a supplemental health plan, Medigap Plan or Medicare Advantage Plan. (This plan is secondary to Medicare, a Medigap and/or a Medicare Advantage Plan and only provides coverage for medical expenses outside of the U.S.)
Maximum Limit per Period of Coverage –
$1,000,000 ages 65-79
$100,000 for ages 80+
Sudden & Unexpected Reoccurrence of Pre-existing Condition Eligible medical expenses:
$5000 maximum medical limit.
$25,000 emergency medical evacuation maximum limit.
Includes a Continuation of Treatment Period
$5,000 maximum limit before the earlier of
a) 30 day per injury or illness or
b) upon return to home country
IMG GlobeHopper Multi-Trip Option
For frequent flyers and those living abroad part of each year
- Globehopper Multi-trip covers an unlimited number of trips per policy period up to 30 days in duration each
- $250 deductible
An additional deductible of $250 will be applied for each emergency room visit for treatment of an illness which does not result in inpatient status
- Coverage of either $1,000,000 or $100,000 per insured person depending on age.
- Area of Coverage – Outside your home country (Outside the United States)
- $190 annually per person
- This plan is not renewable
100% after deductible of usual reasonable and customary (URC):
- Hospital Room & Board
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Room
- Physician Visits
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Prescription Medication
- Home Nursing Care
- Local Ambulance Expense
- Dental Emergency – Treatment due to Accident
Dental Emergency – Treatment of Unexpected Pain to Natural Teeth – $100
- Continuation of Treatment Period
Sudden & Unexpected Reoccurrence of Pre-existing Condition
– $5,000 Maximum Limit for Eligible Medical Expenses
– $25,000 Maximum Limit for Emergency
The following benefits are not subject to a Deductible, but cannot exceed the Maximum Limit.
- Terrorism $50,000 lifetime maximum. (Not subject to the deductible)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
$250,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime. Must be approved in advance and coordinated by the Company.
- Emergency Reunion
Up to $50,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime. Must be approved in advance and coordinated by the Company.
- Return of Mortal Remains
$50,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime for return of the Insured Person’s Mortal Remains or ashes to Country of Residence. Must be approved in advance and coordinated by the Company.
- Political Evacuation
$50,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime. Must be approved in advance and coordinated by the Company.
- Inter-facility Transportation
$2,500 Maximum Limit per lifetime
- Natural Disaster
$100 per day and Maximum Limit of 5 days for accommodations; $5,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime for evacuations
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Accidental Death Principal Sum: $25,000; Dismemberment: See Schedule in AD&D Benefit section
- Common Carrier Accidental Death
$100,000 per Insured Person and $250,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime and per Family
- Trip Interruption
$5,000 Maximum Limit
- Lost Luggage
$50 Maximum Limit per item and $250 Maximum Limit per Period of Coverage
- Identity Theft
$500 Maximum Limit
- Felonious Battery
$10,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime
- Hospital Indemnity $250 per night, 5 overnights per trip (For approved overnight hospital stays outside the USA, you additionally receive $250 per night, in addition to all covered expenses and benefits.)
IMG GlobeHopper Travel Insurance For Over 65s – Who Is It For?
- Those who travel multiple times a year who are U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents 65 years of age to 80+,
- Those who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B and enrolled in a Medigap Plan or Medicare Advantage Plan
GlobeHopper Annual Travel Insurance for Over 65s helps protect travelers who need travel medical insurance coverage for unlimited trips throughout a 12-month period, up to 30 days at a time.
You can also choose from a wide range of deductibles, several Maximum Limits, and you have access to more than 17,000 providers through our International Provider AccessSM(IPA) when traveling and requiring treatment outside the U.S.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!