Why we like it:
WE RECOMMEND the Atlas International medical insurance plan because it covers travel to the USA and can cover those over 80 years old. It is also very affordable and has options to enhance certain benefits, like liability and crisis response. It is an excellent plan for U.S or Non-U.S. citizens traveling up to 12 months and is renewable. The emergency medical evacuation benefit is $1,000,000 and many popular sports – skiing, snowboarding, snorkeling, water skiing, and others are covered at no additional cost.
Includes $10,000USD in liability coverage with the option to increase that to $100,000. For those under age 70, coverage for sudden and unexpected onset of pre-existing conditions (which are not chronic), is up to your policy maximum.
Note: Not available for residents of New York, Maryland, or Washington; or in Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
- Can cover U.S. and Non-U.S. travelers up to age 80+
- Includes personal liability of $10,000 up to $100,000USD
- Includes many popular sports at no additional cost
- Can purchase for up to 12 months and is renewable
Often, the primary medical insurance in your home country will not cover you and your family while traveling internationally. Medical expenses can be very costly while abroad. Atlas travel plans offer budget-friendly coverage. Plans start at less than $1 a day!
Includes medical cover, medical evacuation, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, emergency reunion, terrorism cover, lost luggage, and many other benefits. Select coverage per day up to 12 months (pay for just the amount of days you will be traveling), you can also reapply for longer stays.
Current policy holder: please click here to extend coverage or to get ID card
Additionally, Atlas includes important travel assistance services such as translation assistance while being treated, doctor and hospital referrals, and assistance replacing lost prescriptions.
Atlas also includes a lot of nice additional features and benefits for its low cost, that other travel insurance do not.
Choose from “Worldwide travel including the USA”, or “Worldwide travel excluding the USA” to save even more!
Includes personal liability in case you injure someone or damage their property ($10,000) at no additional charge. You can also choose to increase this to $100,000 in personal liability. (Sometime volunteer and charitable organizations require a certain level of personal liability.)
Even Sports coverage and Incidental home country coverage for longer trips.
- For under age 80, acute onset of pre-existing condition are covered to policy maximum.
- Popular option for non U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S. or to the USA
– Travelers to USA – $15 co-pay for Urgent Care visits, includes walk-in clinics.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit of $1,000,000
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit increased to match medical coverage maximum excluding chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes or asthma.
- Return of Minor Children
- Trip Delay benefit ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
- Pet Return benefit (up to $1,000 to return pet home if member hospitalized)
- Lost Checked Luggage benefit $500
- Bedside Visit benefit (up to $1,500 for economy ticket to enable family member to visit if member admitted to ICU)
- Political Evacuation benefit $100,000 (only if State Department declares Level 3 or 4 after your arrival)
- Assistance with travel document replacement
See brochure for a complete list of benefits
Description of some key benefits
Atlas Group includes coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses that could occur while participating in many popular vacation sports – skiing, snowboarding, snorkeling, water skiing, and others – at no additional cost. (Certain extreme sports are excluded from coverage.)
Note: Trekking to Everest Base Camp no longer covered
Incidental Home Country Coverage (for longer stays)
For individuals with U.S. as home country, for every three-month period during which the Member is covered hereunder, medical expenses incurred in the U.S. are covered up to a maximum of 15 days.
For individuals with a home country other than the U.S., for every three-month period during which the Member is covered hereunder, medical expenses incurred in the member’s home country are covered up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Terrorism benefit
- Crisis Response
- Natural Disaster
- Complications of Pregnancy
- Liability Coverage (see below)
- Hospital Room and Board
- Hospital Indemnity Benefit for each night you spend in the hospital – $100 per day
- Intensive Care
- Outpatient Treatment
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions
- Emergency Dental
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Lost Checked Luggage
- Border Entry Protection
- Trip Interruption ($10,000 – death of immediate family member)
The Atlas Series is available to you if you are at least 14 days old and traveling outside of your home country.
- If you are a US citizen, your home country is always the United States, regardless of the location of your principal residence.
- If you are not a US citizen, home country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail.
The Atlas Series is not available to individuals who are physically located in the states of New York, Maryland, or Washington; or in the countries of Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
Medical Evacuation Information
About Atlas and Tokio Marine
Tokio Marine HCC is part of Tokio Marine, a premier global company with a market cap of approximately $30 billion. Tokio Marine HCC holds a financial strength rating of AA- for Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings and A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group is headquartered in the United States in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is a full-service company offering international medical insurance products designed to meet needs of consumers worldwide.
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group conducting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!