Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Medjet Emergency Evacuation for Seniors plan because it will return you to the hospital of choice in your home country, where Medicare coverage and Medicare Advantage, etc. will pay for treatment and you can be treated by your own doctors/specialists.
Most travel evacuation insurance benefits will transport you to the closest facility that can adequately treat you. We like that there are no deductibles, no copays, no “OOP” (out-of-pocket) expenses, and no caps. and that evacuation does not need to be a medical necessity.
Note: For Diamond membership (Age 75-84), you must complete the .pdf application and fax or return it to email@example.com for approval.
- Emergency Evacuation for Seniors ages 75-84
- No additional costs. No deductibles, claim forms, or out-of-pocket expenses.
- No caps or limit to the cost of medical transportation
- Over 90% approval rate (or acceptance based on specific exclusions)
The best Emergency Evacuation for Senior travel – for ages 75-84
Please note that MedjetAssist Diamond Membership includes emergency evacuation senior travel benefits and all the same features as other Medjet plans except is limited to one emergency medical evacuation a year, and requires a completed .pdf application/medical form prior to acceptance. The general health questionnaire and medical statement must be completed by the prospective member and his or her physician.
To purchase, download the form above, complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a senior under 75 and want emergency evacuation for your trip for 8-30 days of travel >>
If you are a senior under 75 and want emergency evacuation-only for up to one year at a time >>
MedjetAssist Diamond Emergency Evacuation for Senior Travel includes:
- Medical transportation/Medical evacuation – (Similar benefits as Classic Medjet)
- Requires application and approval
- Covers 1 medevac per year
- Medical transport only. Does not cover medical treatment or coverage
- Travel security and translation assistance
- No additional costs: No deductibles, claim forms, or out-of-pocket expenses
- No caps or limit to the cost of medical transportation
- This plan is “evacuation-only” (medical transportation including air and land transport from medical facility to medical facility of your choice), not medical or travel insurance. (All of our senior travel medical insurance plans do include emergency evacuation for senior travel as a benefit.) Please make sure you are covered in a medical emergency before purchasing stand-alone medical transportation only.
- MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity.
This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home country, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Emergency Evacuation for Senior Annual Diamond Membership good for 365 days and based on approval.
Generally, about $450 per person per year
$395 with AARP discount
Approval and Acceptance
Diamond Membership may not be purchased online – You must complete the .pdf application and fax or return it to email@example.com. Must have U.S. or Canadian residence to enroll/purchase. Can renew from anywhere in the world
- These are Annual memberships. There is no 8-30 day travel option.
- No “medical travel” allowed (Not intended for pre-planned travel for the medical treatment/surgery)
- If two members are traveling together, both must complete their own application: Either Diamond for single travel, Diamond+One if traveling with person under 75, or Diamond+Diamond if both travelers are over 75 years of age.
- Diamond family memberships with members over age 75 will need to submit an individual health questionnaire for each member over age 75.
- A general health questionnaire and medical statement must be completed by the prospective member and his or her physician. Only the Medical Statement form provided by MedjetAssist will be accepted for consideration. All information is kept strictly confidential.
- Excess of 90% approval rate or accepted based on specific exclusions.
- To view detailed benefits, or rules and regulations for the Diamond membership, please download the Medjet Assist Diamond Rules and Regulations.pdf at bottom under “Additional Information.”
About Medjet Diamond Emergency Medical Transportation Services for Seniors
Good Neighbor Insurance is proud to offer Medjet Emergency Evacuation for Senior Travel (Medical transportation) Diamond Membership services to our clients.
MedjetAssist is the premier global and domestic air-medical transport membership program for travelers.
If you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will facilitate getting you back to your home country hospital of choice from virtually anywhere in the world.
Medjet asks no health questions (under age 75), has no adventure travel exclusions, co-pays or cost limitations. There are no claim forms, no deductibles, no out-of-pocket expenses. The whole process is handled as your benefit of membership. There are never any additional charges whatsoever after your membership fee is paid.
MedjetAssist has no limit on the cost of a medical transfer.
Many companies and travel insurance plans place emergency evacuation benefit amounts, some as low as $25,000, on the total amount available for an air-ambulance. But a medical transfer between Europe and America can run more than $70,000. Middle East and South American evacuations range from $60,000 to $100,000. Transfer from Asia often exceed $130,000.
Regarding Medjet Medical Transportation and Emergency Evacuation Services
Medjet medevac plans are not “search and rescue” plans. And Medjet staff are not “first-responders.”
This plan won’t get you off the side of a mountain or rescued at sea. You must be able to get to a local medical facility, but once there, if you need medical care they will bring you to the hospital of your choice in America or your home country. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. If you’re physically able to fly commercial, you will be accompanied by medical personnel. Should commercial air travel not be medically tenable, members are transferred by fully medically equipped aircraft.
Members under the age of 75 are allowed two transports per membership year. In the case of a common accident involving multiple enrolled family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport. A family plan membership may include a primary member, a domestic partner or spouse, and up to five dependent children up to age 19 (or up to age 23 for full-time students).
For more, see the Rules & Regulations.pdf below
A Member must be medically stable for medical transport. Assuming all other medical transport criteria are met, a Member who is initially considered medically unstable for transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country may first be transported to the nearest appropriate medical facility for initial stabilization. After this initial stabilization, MedjetAssist will arrange continued transport to the hospital of the Member’s choice in the Member’s Home Country if the Member continues to meet medical transport criteria.
MedjetAssist members can also be transferred without regard to medical necessity. This means members, as long as they are hospitalized as an inpatient, can choose to be transferred to another hospital in their home country, even if the facility they are in is considered adequate. The choice is yours as long as the transfer will not further compromise your health or life.
Medjet has access to more than 300 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Telephone interpretation is also provided when necessary, as well as emergency message relay. Members receive help with foreign-language interpretation over the telephone when they are having difficulty communicating with local medical specialists by calling our toll-free number (800-963-3538 or call 205-595-6626 in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean) or calling collect from anywhere in the world.
Note that Medjet Assist is an emergency travel membership program. It’s not a health insurance plan, a travel insurance plan or a platinum card service, and will not pay for treatment. We advise all of our clients to make sure they have adequate travel medical insurance when they travel as well as medical evacuation.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!