Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Outreach short-term missionary travel insurance plan for travelers up to age 65 due to its full-featured benefits and low, low price! One of our most popular plans for travel from a few days up to two years. Available to travelers from almost any country:
Outreach International provides coverage for U.S. missionaries traveling outside of the U.S., with coverage for brief returns to the USA.
Outreach America provides coverage for non-U.S. missionaries traveling outside of their home country, including to the USA.
Up to age 65 with $2,000,000 medical maximum, or up to 80+ with $10,000 medical maximum.
We like that it can be purchased after your trip has begun in case you forgot. For Americans, if you are overseas for ten months or more, you can purchase two months of home country coverage in the USA!
- Very affordable, feature-rich plan makes this an easy choice
- One of our most popular short term missionary insurance plans (for under two years).
- For U.S. missionaries traveling outside the USA short-term
- For Non-U.S. missionaries traveling to the USA, or anywhere in the world
The best, most affordable short term missionary insurance plan is also one of the most popular worldwide short term missionary insurance by missionaries serving overseas for under two years.
1. Coverage per day up to 24 months and longer for U.S. missionaries traveling outside the USA (option 1 below)
2. Non-U.S. missionaries traveling to the USA, or anywhere else in the world (including the U.S. and Canada), except their country of citizenship (option 2 below).
Both short term missionary insurance plans automatically include:
- Medical travel insurance
- Medical Evacuation of $500,000 to nearest adequate facility for life threatening medical condition(s)
- Return of mortal remains, political evacuation, emergency reunion, terrorism coverage, and many other excellent missionary insurance benefits
If overseas ten months or more you may purchase two months of home coverage in USA
Coverage renewable for up to two years at a time and able to extend/renew beyond that
May purchase for as many times as long as you are/will be traveling/residing outside your country of citizenship
Need Help? Have questions? Give us a call at +1 (480) 813-9100 if you’d like help! Or use Skype.
Option 1: Outreach International
Short term missionary insurance for U.S. missionaries serving outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Option 2: Outreach America
Short term missionary insurance for Non-U.S. missionaries traveling throughout the world including travel to the U.S. and Canada, except their country of citizenship.
Outreach Travel Medical Insurance is available for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, age 65 and under, traveling outside of the United States with coverage for brief returns to the U.S. Up to age 80+ with limited medical maximums.
Up to age 64 with the following choice of maximum medical limit: $50,000 $100,000 $500,000 $1 million, $2 million
Up to age 80+ with maximum medical limit of $10,000
For non-U.S. citizens traveling outside of their home country.
- For those under 65 years of age and visiting the U.S., your initial Period of Coverage must begin within six months of arrival in the U.S.
- For those 65 years of age and older, it must begin within 30 days of arrival.
- These requirements will be waived with proof of previous valid international medical coverage. Prior U.S. domestic health care coverage does not meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of your international insurance carrier on the Application. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your Application Form.
These plans are good for
Why Outreach International and Outreach America are our most popular short term missionary insurance plans
When looking for excellent missionary travel insurance (travel medical insurance) with worldwide coverage, we consider benefits, cost, and the carrier’s reputation. There are many excellent international travel health insurance plans but many will either have extensive benefits (and charge you for them) or will aim for affordability by cutting the benefits or limiting them. IMG Outreach International and IMG Outreach America combine the best missionary travel benefits with an affordable price that fits the majority of missionaries going overseas to volunteer, study language, or go on a mission trip for up to two years. It is also renewable if you decide to stay!
For most missionaries in reasonably good health, Outreach International is going to be a good choice for your missionary health insurance needs. It’s also one of the top plans we normally recommend for missionaries going overseas. Especially for those who must raise their own support! Outreach America is the same plan for non-U.S. missionaries coming to the USA and wanting good medical insurance during their stay.
The emergency evacuation max is always $500,000 which is separate from, and in addition to, your choice of maximum medical coverage. This should be more than enough, and is generous for emergency medical transportation.
IMG has a great reputation, serving hundreds of thousands of missionaries, offering translation services and many other non-medical travel benefits. They designed their plans specifically with missionaries in mind and are sensitive to their unique needs. They also discount the cost of these plans (for charitable work).
If you are going to be staying overseas for more than a month or two, you may also want to consider the Accidental Death and Dismemberment rider. Most life insurance plans will not cover you if you are staying overseas over a certain number of days. Please check with your life insurance company and then decide if this rider makes sense for you and your family.
Another thing to consider is Outreach International allows you to extend your coverage if you decide to stay overseas for a longer period. This is a nice feature and is not allowed by all missionary travel insurance plans. It is an option for volunteers overseas, missionary teachers, those working with other non-profits overseas and in relief work / disaster relief, as well as regular missionaries and short-term missionaries and those with missionary organizations / sending agencies.
Good Neighbor has had a close relationship with IMG over the last two decades. We have been awarded many top awards by IMG over the years and our staff have attended IMG University which aims at making sure clients have the products and services they need to stay safe. They also learn about IMG’s 24/7 evacuation and emergency services that features doctors and medical personnel on site.
Optional riders/add on you may request:
- Optional Medical Evacuation Plus Rider: for non-life threatening medical evacuation and evacuation for natural disaster. Additional $40/month with a minimum 3 months purchase
- Optional Adventure Sports Rider
- Optional Enhanced AD & D (accidental death and dismemberment, which is like life insurance), available for those traveling 3 months or more.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!