Why we like it:
The best travel insurance for over 65, the GeoBlue Voyager Choice (up to age 94) and the GeoBlue Voyager Essential (up to age 74) plans are for seniors aged 65-84 traveling from the USA to anywhere in the world for 6 months or less. This travel insurance offers higher maximum limits for seniors. It also covers every nation and even high-risk nations. The Choice plan covers health issues you might be seeing a doctor for, or taking maintenance medication for (Some other plans do not). GeoBlue is also part of the BlueCross BlueShield (Blue) network known worldwide.
Note: For trips originating from the USA only.
- U.S. residents looking for best travel insurance for over 65
- Those wanting “no-worry” medical coverage
- Those with pre-existing conditions
- Part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue) network
The GeoBlue Voyager Choice and the GeoBlue Voyager Essential plan will cover you from as short as 1 day or as long as 180 days (6 months) for individuals and families. Opportunity to have pre-existing conditions medical insurance with the Choice (Preferred) plan. In some states, this same plan is offered by HTH, but it is the same plan/same company.
It is the best travel insurance for over 65 who live abroad for part of each year.
- GeoBlue Voyager plans must be purchased from inside the U.S.
However, you may request a policy extension or a one-time consecutive re enrollment while overseas.
Both Voyager Insurance Options Include
- For trips as short as 1 day up to 180 days (6 months). The minimum charge assessed is 7 days.
- Medical evacuation coverage up to age 74 (Choice goes up to age 94)
- Medical health coverage up to age 74 (Choice goes up to age 94)
- Repatriation of remains
- Bedside visit
- Coverage starts once outside the United States
- Use any western style medical facility overseas or use contracted doctors in more than 180 countries
- Online doctor search with more than 4,200 contracted physicians
- Acts of terrorism are covered under this plan including illnesses or injuries related to terrorism or a terrorist act.
In order to be covered in countries where there are open hostilities, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, a member must not be engaged in hostile or combative activities.
- Use Mobile Health to search doctors, translate medical terms, phrases and medications using your mobile device.
- Worldwide Insurance Services (parent company of the GeoBlue brand) has signed a trademark licensing agreement with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
Pre-existing Medical Conditions for travelers aged 65-84
Pre-existing Condition means a medical condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received during the 6 months (0 months for the GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan) immediately preceding the Insured Person’s Effective Date of Coverage.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are treated differently depending upon the plan you have selected.The GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan is available to those who have primary insurance inside the U.S. and will cover medical treatments for pre-existing conditions. Please refer to the definition of a primary health plan for more specific information on what plans qualify as a primary insurance.Under the GeoBlue Voyager Essentials plan, benefits are not available for any services received on or within 6 months after the Eligibility Date of an Insured Person, if those services are related to a Pre-existing Condition as defined in the Definitions section of the Plan Description. This exclusion does not apply to a Newborn that is enrolled within 31 days of birth or a newly adopted child that is enrolled within 31 days from either the date of placement of the child in the home, or the date of the final decree of adoption.
The pre-existing conditions exclusion under GeoBlue Voyager Essential does not apply to the Emergency Medical Transportation benefit, Repatriation Of Mortal Remains benefit, or the Emergency Family Travel Arrangements benefit. GeoBlue Voyager Essential does not require that insureds have primary insurance at the time of enrollment.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!