Why we like it:
It’s a SHORT TERM BRIDGE HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN. FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS AGED 65+ IMMIGRATING TO THE U.S. or U.S. RESIDENTS needing a short-term health insurance option.
- For residents of 32 states and immigrants to the USA aged 60-95
- A “bridge” plan for those needing short term USA health insurance
- After 3 months you can reapply for additional 3 month terms, up to age 95
- Choose your own hospitals and doctors
SHORT TERM BRIDGE PLAN – FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS IMMIGRATING TO THE U.S.
- For US citizens, age 65 and older, waiting to enroll in Medicare A and/or B.
- For non-U.S. citizens immigrating to the U.S.
You may purchase this policy:
- if you have a Green Card
- if you are a Permanent Resident of the U.S.
Two payment options:
- Pay monthly via credit card
- Pay all at once for your 3 month policy
May purchase for a month or for up to 3 months.
May reapply over and over again to age 95.
Application goes through underwriting – Must use .pdf application and email it to us for underwriting/free quote.
Available to residents of 32 states.
- One example is that for a 65 year old male; the monthly premium would be only $293 per month ($2,500 deductible) – or $395 per month ($1,000 deductible).
More about this plan:
- Once you meet the deductible you have selected the plan reimburses you 100% of all covered in and out of hospital benefits up to $250,000.00.
- It’s a “no network” plan…YOU choose any provider – any hospital you wish to see – not a PPO or HMO plan.
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered (conditions you’ve had in the past 12 month prior to the effective date of this plan)
- You pay month-by-month for 3 months.
- After 3 months you can reapply for additional 3 month terms.
- All claims, underwriting and administration is handled by the Lloyds correspondent located in California.
How to Apply or Get a quote?
- No online application at this time — Download, fill out and e-mail the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For ages 60-95
- Hospitalization benefits
- Hospice facility benefits
- Skilled nursing facility benefits
- Home health care service benefits
- Freedom to choose any provider
- Physician and surgeon benefits
- Both Medicare Part A and Part B can be covered
How it works
The Bridge Health Insurance Plan is a major medical expense insurance plan intended for persons aged 60-95 who are awaiting acceptance as a participant in the U.S. Medicare System. Foreign Nationals are usually eligible to purchase Medicare Parts A & B five years after becoming U.S. Residents.
While awaiting enrollment in Medicare, they may apply for coverage through The Bridge Plan.
The Bridge Plan reimburses medically necessary expenses incurred.
(All eligible expenses are subject to the deductible)
Choice of $1,000, $1,500, $2,500, $5,000, or $10,000 per policy period.
After the deductible, the plan pays 80% of the next $10,000 of eligible medical expenses.
Thereafter once the deductible and coinsurance have been satisfied, 100% of eligible expenses are paid on the basis of usual, customary and reasonable charges, up to the policy maximum benefit of:
• $250,000 for ages 60-74
• $100,000 for ages 75-79
• $50,000 for ages 80-89
• $25,000 for ages 90-95
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!