Why we like it:
Pivot Health Insurance is excellent short term health insurance for the USA. It’s for those needing short-term medical insurance coverage while traveling or living for up to a year inside the USA. We like the easy one-time on-line enrollment and the ability to extend your coverage all the way up to one year (Four 90-day periods) without penalty, increased premiums, etc.
It’s good for individuals and families who missed the ACA (Affordable Care Act) open enrollment period and those temporarily unemployed. It also covers adult children losing coverage on their parent’s plan; recent graduates; and those waiting for employer benefits to start.
This plan is not ACA (PPACA) -compliant. Those currently on a domestic health plan cannot also use this plan for travel.
Note: Available to residents of the following states – AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NV, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV, WY.
- Can be covered for up to four, consecutive 90 day periods
- For coverage within the USA, for those without current coverage
- Up to age 64 and 11 months, and up to $1,000,000 in benefits
- pre-existing conditions are carried over & premiums don’t increase
PIVOT INSURANCE PLAN HIGHLIGHTS
- This short-term health insurance typically costs 50 percent less than an Obamacare (ACA) plan.
- Choose any doctor you want with Pivot’s open access network or enroll in a PPO network plan.
- Includes doctor visit copays
- Prescription coverage
- Up to $1 million of maximum
- Access to telemedicine 24/7
SHORT TERM U.S. MEDICAL PLAN FOR
- Individuals and families who missed the ACA (Affordable Care Act) open enrollment period
- Unemployed temporarily
- Adult children losing coverage from parent’s plan
- Recent graduates who do not have coverage under parent’s plan
- Waiting for employer benefits to start
- I’m waiting for my ACA policy to go into effect
- Age eligibility for individuals up to 64 years and 11 months. (Coverage will automatically cancel when the insured is Medicare eligible.)
- Those currently on Medicaid, Medicare, or domestic insurance are not eligible.
This plan is not ACA (PPACA) compliant.
Available to residents of the following states:
- AL, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV & WY
More highlights – Pivot U.S. Short Term Health Insurance
Benefits associated with Pivot Short Term Health Insurance
How does a 4×3 plan work?
More about this Pivot Short Term Health Insurance USA plan
Definition of pre-existing medical condition on this short term medical plan
- For the first policy, pre-existing conditions diagnosed within the sixty-month period immediately preceding such covered person’s effective date are excluded for the first 12 months of coverage. (This exclusion does not apply to a newborn or newly adopted child who is added to coverage under this certificate. ) For policies two, three and four, refer to the policy for the pre-existing condition exclusion.
- Coinsurance is the percentage of covered expenses you are responsible for after your deductible is met. Pivot Health plans have 20% or 30% coinsurance options. For example, once you meet your deductible, your insurance pays 80% and you pay 20% of your covered medical bills up to your out-of-pocket limit. Out-of-pocket limits vary by plan, and not all benefits are subject to coinsurance.
Please note –
- All U.S. short term health plans are not ACA (Affordable Care Act) compatible.
- Short term U.S. medical plans should be used as a “bridge” until one is able to get on an ACA medical insurance option.
- ACA medical insurance options are only for those residing in the U.S.
Injury from professional or extreme sports is excluded
Injuries resulting from participation in any form of skydiving, scuba diving, auto racing, bungee jumping, hang or ultra light gliding, parasailing, sail planing, flying in an aircraft (other than as a passenger on a commercial airline), rodeo contests are excluded. Also excluded is an injury as a result of participating in any professional, semi-professional or other non-recreational sports including boating, motorcycling, skiing, riding all-terrain vehicles or dirt bikes, snowmobiling or go-carting.
Please see the brochure for additional information
This Pivot Companion Life Health plan is available to all who are between 18 and 64 years and 11 months of age. Their dependent children and can answer “No” to all of the questions in the application for insurance.
Who is Companion Life?
Our medical plans are underwritten by Companion Life Insurance Company
Companion Life Insurance Company is rated A+ (Excellent) by A,M. Best Company, Inc., a widely recognized rating agency that rates insurance companies on their relative financial strength and ability to meet policyholder obligations (an A++ rating from A.M. Best is its highest rating).
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!