Why we like it:
We like the Atlas International Sports Travel Plan because many adventure sports are included without an additional rider! It is also very affordable. Overall, it’s very good adventure travel insurance with emergency medical and $1,000,000 in medical evacuation. It also includes natural disaster, crisis response, terrorism and more! Pay only for the days you need, up to 1 year, renewable.
For travelers from outside the U.S., those going to the USA, and for U.S. travelers going abroad (No coverage for U.S. residents traveling within the USA) with full benefits to age 69 and to age 80+ (With lesser maximum benefits). Has a base Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit of $50,000 that can be increased to $100,000. Also optional personal liability benefit.
Note: Not available for residents of New York, Maryland, or Washington; or in Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
- Many sports and adventure sports are included at no additional cost
- Popular option for non U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S. or to the USA
- Very affordable per day rates up to 360 days, renewable
- Full benefits up to 69, policies go up to age 80+
Sports and travel benefits
This adventure travel insurance covers many popular sports. This includes skiing, snowboarding, snorkeling, water skiing, and others at no additional cost and no rider.
- Non-contact and non-organized/non- sanctioned amateur sports or athletic activities engaged in by the Member solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness.
- Bungee jumping
- Sub-aqua pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus only when PADI/NAUI certified, or accompanied by a certified instructor at depths of less than 10 meters;
- Jet skiing
- And more
Sports not covered / Sports Excluded:
- Team competitions are not covered such as a league, clubs, sports team, school team, etc.
- Professional sports are not covered
- Mountaineering at elevations of 7,000 meters or higher (South Base Camp is in Nepal at an altitude of 5,364 metres [17,598 ft])
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp is no longer covered
- Parachuting & Parasailing / Hang-Gliding
- Riding or Operating Tractors
- White Water Rafting
- Cave Diving
- Running with the Bulls
- Please see the brochure for the most updated information
Top Travel Medical Benefits:
- $2,000,000 Maximum Coverage
- $1,000,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Dental due to an Accident
- $1,000 for Lost Checked Luggage
- 7 Deductible Choices
Adventure travel insurance benefits include medical cover, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, emergency reunion, terrorism cover, travel document assistance, and many other benefits
For vacations, business trips, sports trips, cruises, and even part-time residential health insurance coverage overseas
If you are traveling outside of your Home Country and are at least 14 days old, you are eligible for coverage. If you are
- Under age 70, you may select your Overall Maximum Limit, ranging from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
- Age 70 to 79, the Overall Maximum Limit available is $50,000.
- Age 80 or older, the Overall Maximum Limit available is $10,000.
For travelers under age 80, acute onset of pre-existing conditions are covered under this policy to your selected maximum (Excluding chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes and asthma).
- Terrorism benefit
- Crisis Response
- Natural Disaster
- Complications of Pregnancy
- Liability Coverage (see below)
- Hospital Room and Board
- Hospital Indemnity
- Intensive Care
- Outpatient Treatment
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions
- Emergency Dental
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Lost Checked Luggage
- Border Entry Protection
- Trip Interruption ($10,000 – death of immediate family member)
- This plan does not include Trip Cancellation coverage.
- See brochure or certificate for complete benefits
The Atlas Series is available to you if you are at least 14 days old and traveling outside of your home country.
- If you are a US citizen, your home country is always the United States, regardless of the location of your principal residence.
- If you are not a US citizen, home country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail.
The Atlas Series is not available to individuals who are physically located in the states of New York, Maryland, or Washington. Or in the countries of Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
Select coverage: Per day to 12 months (pay for just the amount of days you will be traveling), you can renew your policy for longer stays.
Choose from: “Worldwide travel including the USA”, or select “Worldwide travel excluding the USA” to save even more (If not coming to the USA).
- Are you a current policy holder: Want to extend coverage? or to get ID card?
Tokio Marine HCC holds a financial strength rating of AA- for Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings and A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
Increase or additional benefits as of 4.1.2015 –
- For under age 70, coverage for sudden and unexpected onset of pre-existing condition to the policy limit selected
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit increased from $500,000 to $1,000,000
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit increased to match medical coverage maximum for $200,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000 maximum excluding chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes or asthma
- New Trip Delay benefit added ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
- New Pet Return benefit added (up to $1,000 to return pet home if member hospitalized)
- Lost Checked Luggage benefit increased to $500
- New Bedside Visit benefit added (up to $1,500 for economy ticket to enable family member to visit if member admitted to ICU)
- Eligibility definition expanded for Trip Interruption benefit (includes death of grandchild)
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!