Why we like it:
WE RECOMMEND the Diplomat International and Diplomat America plans for those looking for an adventure sports insurance plan. Covers many adventure and team sports, has high levels for AD&D, and covers travelers from most nations incl. travel to the USA for sports/adventure sports travel.
You can also extend your accidental death and dismemberment benefits.
Diplomat International for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. and outside their country they are residing, and for non-U.S. citizens wanting coverage outside of their country of residence/home country, and NOT traveling to the USA,
Diplomat America for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. residents traveling from your country of citizenship to the U.S.
- Medical travel insurance options from $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Emergency evacuation of $500,000 no matter what you choose for medical coverage
- Up to $1,000,000 in adventure sports insurance plan rider
- Rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best
Adventure Sports Insurance Plans: Diplomat International and Diplomat America
- Medical travel insurance options from $50,000 to 1 million
- Emergency medical evacuation of $500,000 no matter what you choose for medical coverage
- Includes a Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation Benefit: $50,000
- Added rider options
– Home country rider option
– Enhanced Accidental Death and Dismemberment, up to $1,000,000
– Athletic sports and hazardous activity rider
- Emergency Medical Reunion
When it is determined that it is necessary and prudent for you to have an emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, we will arrange to bring an individual of your choice, from your current home country, to be at your side while you are hospitalized and then accompany you during your return to your current home country. Benefits will be paid up to $50,000 for reasonable travel and accommodation expense up to a maximum of 10 days, as pre-approved and arranged by the assistance company.
Underwritten by Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Syndicate 780 at Lloyd’s, rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best.
Must purchase for at least five days.
Maximum benefit amount (Choose from):
Plan A – $50,000
Plan B – $100,000
Plan C – $250,000
Plan D – $500, 000
Plan E – $1,000,000
Persons age 70 – 79 are eligible for plans A and B;
Persons age 80+ are eligible for a maximum benefit of $20,000.
Deductible per person/plan period (Choose from):
Co-Insurance: After you pay your selected deductible this plan will pay 100% of Covered Expenses outside your Home Country up to the selected plan maximum.
Diplomat International For U.S. & Non U.S. Citizens Traveling Outside U.S.
Diplomat America Travel Insurance For Non-U.S. Residents traveling to the USA
Sports covered and more…
Some of the sports covered:
- Scuba Diving (incl. hyperbaric recompression chamber) – Must be SCUBA certified
- Mountain climbing,
(You must have a guide above 14,000 feet)
- BMX racing or competitive,
- Flying in any chartered or leased aircraft or helicopter
- Arial photograph
- And many more covered
- Intercollegiate, interscholastic, athletics, club sports, and organized amateur sports is covered such as
- Martial arts
- Football (no division one)
- And many more (see brochure)
Sports not covered
- Professional sports are not covered.
(If prizes or money is awarded, then participation is considered “professional” and it would not be covered under this plan.)
- Motocross is no longer covered under this plan.
(We are working on providing another alternative for our MX riders and enthusiasts.)
Coverage is NOT available for
- Travel to Iran
- Citizens of Australia
- Residents of New York, Maryland and South Dakota
Add-on optional benefits
Enhanced AD&D Benefit Rates (Per Person / Month applies to age 18+)
- $100,000 Total Coverage
- $250,000 Total Coverage
- $500,000 Total Coverage
- $750,000 Total Coverage
- $1,000,000 Total Coverage
Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Benefit
There are three options that provide coverage if your injury or illness results from one of the listed Athletic Sports & Hazardous activities (see brochure). NOTE: Any Athletic Sport & Hazardous Activity not expressly covered hereunder is excluded from this policy unless the activity is approved by the company prior to purchase or the activity is non-contact and engaged in by You solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment, or fitness purposes only.
Also for Intercollegiate, Interscholastic Athletics, Club Sports, and Organized Amateur Sports.
Home Country Coverage Benefit – Provides limited coverage under your medical expense benefit while in your home country. The plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of covered expenses, then 100% to a maximum of 1) $50,000 for Incidental Trip(s) to your Home Country or 2) $10,000 for Extension of Benefits (Follow Me Home Coverage).
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!