Why we like it:
We like Trawick Safe Travels International Recreational Sports/Athletic Sports Insurance for travel because it is simply the most cost-effective accident insurance for extreme sports option we have for athletic sports. It’s for Non-U.S. residents/citizens doing sports overseas, and for people desiring a high level of medical evacuation coverage for a low price. (100% coverage up to $2,000,000 medical evacuation / medical transportation cover with no deductible.) Designed for those residing outside the U.S. (U.S. Citizens and non-U.S. citizens may apply.
We like that you only pay for those days you will be traveling from 5 days up to 1 year. and that the optional accidental death or dismemberment benefit of $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000 works as life insurance in case you die in an accident. We also like that this plan may be purchased after travel has begun.
Note: Safe Travels International is for worldwide travel, excluding the USA. Select Safe Travels USA for travel to the USA.
- Offers a high level of medical evacuation and optional ad&d
- For non-U.S. residents traveling worldwide outside the U.S.
- The most cost-effective option we have for athletic sports
- Please note this policy IS NOT valid for travel from, in, or to the United States of America
Travel Insurance Highlights
Including most recreational and atheltic sports
Safe Travels International Highlights
• Insurance for medical accident and sickness, emergency medical and political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, and accidental death & dismemberment
• Non-US citizens and Non-US residents traveling outside their home country
• Unexpected recurrence of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition
• Up to $1,000,000 in Primary emergency medical coverage
• Coverage from 5 days to 1 year
• Renewable with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months
• Some recreational sports included, additional adventure sports covered if additional benefit rider is selected. (Refer to Optional Upgrades Rate Chart)
Athletic sports coverage for injuries incurred during amateur, club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities. Such as archery, tennis, swimming, cross country, track, volleyball golf, ballet, basketball, cheerleading, equestrian, fencing, field hockey, football (no division 1), gymnastics, hockey, karate, lacrosse, polo, rowing, rugby and soccer. Any athletic sport not listed is excluded from this policy unless the activity is noncontact and engaged in by you solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment, or fitness purposes only.
Medical Maximum Choices per Person per Policy Period:
$50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
Deductible Choices per Person per Policy Period:
$0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000
Co-insurance per Person per Policy Period: $0
100% of Covered Expenses up to the Policy Maximum
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition
Hospital Room and Board
Doctor Visits, X-rays, Prescriptions, Ambulance
Emergency Medical Treatment of Pregnancy
Mental or Nervous Disorders
Dental Treatment (Injury and emergency alleviation of pain)
Emergency Medical Evacuation: 100% up to $2,000,000*
Political/Natural Disaster Evacuation: $25,000*
Repatriation of Remains
Return of Minor Child(ren) or Travel Companion
Trip Interruption Benefit
Basic Lost Baggage
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Felonious Assault and Violent Crime
Trawick Safe Travels International
For trips by non-U.S. travelers anywhere in the world (excluding the USA)
There is no age limit on this plan.
Safe Travels International is for Non-U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Residents while traveling outside their Home Country. But not including the United States. It can provide coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner/traveling companion and dependent children/grandchildren.
Persons up to age 69 are eligible for all plan amounts
Persons age 70 to 79 are eligible for $50,000 or $100,000
People age 80 to 99 and over are eligible for the $50,000 plan only
This plan does not cover USA.
Trawick Safe Travel USA
For trips by Non-U.S. travelers to the USA up to 180 days – non-renewable.
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption and Travel Delay Coverage up to $25,000 per person
More at Safe Travels USA page >>
This plan is not available to U.S. Citizens, or anyone age 80 and over.
Safe Travels USA Trip Protection plan provides:
- Accident and Sickness Medical
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Reunion
- Political Evacuation
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Travel Assistance
It can provide coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner/traveling companion(s) and dependent children/grandchildren up to age 21 years.
Benefits may vary from Safe Travels International, please check brochure and schedule of benefits before purchasing this plan.
More about Safe Travels International
Most recreational sports are covered under this accident insurance for extreme sports plan as well as general travel overseas (see list below). It can be used for general travel, or travel including recreational or team sports.
This is one of our top international accident insurance for extreme sports recommendations for interscholastic, intercollegiate, intramural, amateur and club sports such as soccer or rugby.
Unlike other accident insurance for extreme sports plans, the Trawick Safe Travels plan offers coverage for teams and individuals playing Amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, and Intercollegiate sports!
- Most adventure sports/team sports as well as general travel overseas (see list below)
- Interscholastic, intercollegiate, intramural, amateur and club sports, but not full or semi-professional
- Those traveling from 5 days up to 12 months with an option to renew for another 12 months (or less)
- Those non-U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. not wanting to pay for U.S. coverage. Such as:
– An Australian going to Indonesia
– A Mexican citizen going to Brazil
– A U.S. citizen residing in Argentina traveling to Indonesia
- Safe Travels International does not cover within the U.S.A.
Safe Travels USA does.
Coverage up to age 89.
About accident insurance for extreme sports benefits
Unexpected reccurence of a pre-exisiting condition benefit
International medical evacuation is provided on the Trawick Safe Travels international adventure sports insurance up to $2,000,000! (In addition to all other travel and medical benefits. See brochure)
Optional benefit riders besides Sports/Adventure Sports
Additional optional benefits may be added:
- Home country coverage
- Accidental death and dismemberment upgrade (AD&D) to $1,000,000
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!