Why we like it:
WE like Atlas international travel insurance liability coverage because it covers travel to the USA, can also cover those over 80 years old, is very affordable, and has options to enhance certain benefits like travel insurance liability coverage and crisis response.
Optional additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage is available . For those under age 80, acute onset of pre-existing conditions are covered to the policy maximum.
Atlas is very affordable and a popular option for U.S. travelers and non-U.S. citizens traveling outside of their home country or to the USA – $15 co-pay for Urgent Care visits, includes walk-in clinics.
It is good for people wanting extra coverage like personal liability and/or crisis response.
Note: Not available for residents of New York, Maryland, or Washington; or in Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
- Very affordable option
- Includes $10,000 in personal liability coverage, with option to increase to $100,000
- Covers those over 80 years old
- Non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country or to the USA
ATLAS INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE LIABILITY COVERAGE:
Coverage per day up to 12 months, then may re-apply
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp no longer covered
- Includes medical cover, medical evacuation, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, emergency reunion, terrorism cover, lost luggage, and many other benefits
- Includes $10,000 in travel insurance liability coverage that can be increased to $100,000.
- Extra benefits include AD&D, Home Country Coverage, crisis response, natural disaster, etc. and crisis response. AD&D and Personal liability can all be upgraded to higher optional amounts of coverage
- Popular option for non U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S. or to the USA.
Choose from Worldwide travel including the USA, or Worldwide travel excluding the USA to save even more!
- Additionally, Atlas Group includes important travel assistance services such as translation assistance while being treated, doctor and hospital referrals. Includes assistance replacing lost prescriptions.
- Current policy holder: please click here to extend coverage or to get ID card
If you are traveling outside of your Home Country and are at least 14 days old, you are eligible for coverage.
- You may select your Overall Maximum Limit, ranging from $50,000 to $1,000,000 if you are under age 70.
- If you are age 70 to 79, the Overall Maximum Limit available is $100,000.
- If you are age 80 or older, the Overall Maximum Limit available is $10,000.
- Local Ambulance Usual, reasonable and customary charges when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization as inpatient.
- Intensive Care Unit Up to the overall maximum limit.
- For under age 80, acute onset of pre-existing condition are covered to policy maximum.
- Travelers to USA – $15 co-pay for Urgent Care visits, includes walk-in clinics.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit of $1,000,000 not subject to deductible, coinsurance, or overall maximum limit
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit increased to match medical coverage maximum excluding chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes or asthma.
- Trip Delay benefit added ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
- Pet Return benefit (up to $1,000 to return pet home if member hospitalized)
- Lost Checked Luggage benefit $500
- Bedside Visit benefit added (up to $1,500 for economy ticket to enable family member to visit if member admitted to ICU)
- $10,000 in personal liability coverage included in base policy, upgradeable to $100,000
- $10,000 in Crisis Response coverage included in base policy, upgradeable to $100,000
- Political Evacuation benefit $100,000 (only if state department declares Level 3 or 4 after arrival)
- $10,000 in Accidental Death and Dismemberment included in base policy, upgradeable to $100,000
- There is also a natural disaster benefit
- Owned by Tokio Marine HCC, and reinsured by Lloyd’s of London
Tokio Marine HCC holds a financial strength rating of AA- for Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings and A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
Deductibles and Maximum Benefit Amounts
Deductibles (The amount you choose to pay before insurance coverage begins)
$0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 per certificate period.
Overall Maximum Limit:
$50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, or $2,000,000.
Age 70 to 79 – $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000
Age 80 or older – $10,000
Coinsurance – Claims Incurred in U.S. In-Network Payment Within the PPO:
We will pay 100% of eligible expenses, after the deductible, to the overall maximum limit.
Out-of-Network Payment Outside the PPO: Usual, reasonable, and customary.
You may be responsible for any charges exceeding the payable amount.
Coinsurance – Claims Incurred Outside U.S.:
We will pay 100% of eligible expenses after the deductible up to the overall maximum limit.
Eligible expenses are subject to deductible, coinsurance, overall maximum limit, and are per certificate period unless specifically indicated otherwise.
Atlas International Medical Insurance Includes Coverage For:
- Hospital Room and Board
- Intensive Care
- Outpatient Treatment
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions
- Emergency Dental
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Lost Checked Luggage
- Trip Interruption ($10,000 – death of immediate family member).
- While the certificate is in effect, the benefit period does not apply. Upon termination of the certificate, underwriters will pay eligible medical expenses. Will pay up to 90 days beginning on the first day of diagnosis or treatment of a covered injury or illness. This is while the member is outside his or her home country and while the certificate was in effect. The benefit period applies only to eligible medical expenses related to the injury or illness that began while the certificate was in effect.
- Atlas Travel offers up to $10,000 of personal liability to offset the following types of court-entered eligible judgments, or approved settlements, incurred by the member:
– Damage/loss of a third party’s personal property
– Damage/loss of a related third party’s personal property
No Liability coverage while operating a motorized vehicle of any kind
Natural Disaster Benefit
– Replacement Accommodations
Natural disasters can happen anywhere and at any time. If a natural disaster occurs while on your trip, causing you to become displaced from your accommodations, Atlas Group will provide relief of a maximum of $250 a day for 5 days to help cover the costs of alternative accommodations.
- Incidental Home Country Coverage – for longer stays
For individuals with U.S. as home country. For every three-month period during which the Member is covered hereunder, medical expenses incurred in the U.S. are covered up to a maximum of 15 days.
For individuals with a home country other than the U.S., for every three-month period during which the Member is covered hereunder, medical expenses incurred in the member’s home country are covered up to a maximum of 30 days. Any benefit accrued under a single three-month period does not accumulate to another period. Failure of the member to continue his or her international trip or the members return to their home country for the sole purpose of obtaining treatment for an illness or injury that began while traveling shall void any home country coverage provided under the terms of this agreement.
Optional Add-On Benefits
Optional Crisis Response Benefit Rider
This rider allows you to purchase an additional $90,000 in Crisis Response coverage. As Atlas Travel provides $10,000 in Crisis Response coverage in the base plan, purchasing this rider would increase the total Crisis Response benefit to $100,000.
|Base CR Coverage||Additional CR Coverage Available||Total CR Coverage Amount|
Optional Personal Liability Benefit Rider
This rider allows you to purchase an additional $90,000 in Personal Liability coverage. As Atlas Travel provides $10,000 in Personal Liability coverage in the base plan, purchasing this rider would increase the total Personal Liability benefit to $100,000.
|Base PL Coverage||Additional PL Coverage Available||Total PL Coverage Amount|
Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit Rider
This rider, available to Members age 18 to 69, allows purchase of additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. Coverage may be increased to equal the medical maximum coverage amount. The AD&D benefit is not subject to the overall policy maximum.
Similar to a life insurance policy, Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage provides benefits in the event of your death or loss of limb due to an accident. It does not cover certain activities and conditions, as listed in the policy.
As Atlas Travel provides $50,000 in AD&D coverage to Members age 18 to 69 in the base plan, this rider would increase the total AD&D benefit to $100,000.
|Base AD&D Coverage||Additional AD&D Coverage Available||Total AD&D Coverage Amount|
More about the Crisis Response Benefit
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!